Aadhaar letter as proof of identity for passport
- Coal scam: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh summoned as accused in Hindalco case
- Supreme Court hands out life term to six convicts in Manjunath murder case
- AAP Delhi MLAs write letter seeking expulsion of Yadav, Bhushan: Reports
- Land to Mines to coal, Oppn stands stall in RS
- BJP line to restive RSS: our ministers may quit if PDP doesn’t behave
The Aadhaar letter will now be accepted as proof of address and identity for getting a new passport, the government said on Tuesday. At present, Aadhaar card is being accepted by the authorities, but now the Aadhaar letter will be accepted as well.
"The Ministry of External Affairs has decided and accordingly advised all passport issuing authorities to accept Aadhaar letter as proof of address and photo identity in conjunction with any other prescribed documents for proof of address/identity for the purpose of passport application," an official statement said on Tuesday.