Aadhaar letter as proof of identity for passport
- Malaysia Airlines plane may have turned back before vanishing, says Air force chief
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress
- Varanasi seat row: RSS worried but believes BJP will solve it
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Venkaiah Naidu
The Aadhaar letter will now be accepted as proof of address and identity for getting a new passport, the government said on Tuesday. At present, Aadhaar card is being accepted by the authorities, but now the Aadhaar letter will be accepted as well.
"The Ministry of External Affairs has decided and accordingly advised all passport issuing authorities to accept Aadhaar letter as proof of address and photo identity in conjunction with any other prescribed documents for proof of address/identity for the purpose of passport application," an official statement said on Tuesday.