Aadhaar letter as proof of identity for passport
- Patna High Court stays Nitish Kumar's election as JD(U) legislature party chief
- Arvind Kejriwal gets down to business, calls for full statehood for Delhi
- President Pranab Mukherjee warns against deviation from constitutional principles
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: SIT to quiz Shashi Tharoor tomorrow
- Shanti Bhushan accuses Arvind Kejriwal of accepting 'tainted' money
The Aadhaar letter will now be accepted as proof of address and identity for getting a new passport, the government said on Tuesday. At present, Aadhaar card is being accepted by the authorities, but now the Aadhaar letter will be accepted as well.
"The Ministry of External Affairs has decided and accordingly advised all passport issuing authorities to accept Aadhaar letter as proof of address and photo identity in conjunction with any other prescribed documents for proof of address/identity for the purpose of passport application," an official statement said on Tuesday.