Aadhaar work to be speeded up to be in time for gas subsidy
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- How can Modi honour women if he canât mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
- After rare skull surgery at AIIMS, twins from Kerala look like each other
- Elections 2014 LIVE: FIR against Azam Khan; Rahul to file nomination papers today
With the government keen on starting disbursal of subsidy on LPG cylinders from June 2013, Pune district claims to be all set to complete 60 per cent of Aadhaar work by the end of December and speed up the process in the coming year to finish the remaining work.
At a recent meeting, Pune District Collector Vikas Deshmukh and LPG dealers and oil companies discussed Aadhaar-linked gas subsidy transfer system. With Pune district speeding up its Aadhar drive and setting a target of 60 per cent for this year, LPG distributors said those having UID numbers should give them in the Know Your Consumer (KYC) forms.
"We, as LPG distributors, are asking the customers to fill their KYC forms before November 30. Those seeking new connections can go in for non-subsidised connection," said state LPG distributors' association head Usha Poonawalla.
The district collector has procured nearly 200 machines for the Aadhar project. He said Aadhaar-linked bank accounts were on the cards and Pune was part of the pilot project for bank-linked accounts. The others cities are Mumbai, Nandurbar, Amravati and Wardha.
Pune has so far completed only 32 per cent of the work on the UID project.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit