Aadhaar work to be speeded up to be in time for gas subsidy
- Donald Trump mocks Indian call center, but says India a great nation
- China’s Azhar snub: India gets back with visa for rebel leader on Beijing blacklist
- Punjab: Youth charged with abduction and rape of Dalit girl surrenders in Muktsar
- AUDIO: Interview with CPM leader VS Achuthanandan
- Obama says Queen Elizabeth II 'one of my favourite people', ends UK visit
With the government keen on starting disbursal of subsidy on LPG cylinders from June 2013, Pune district claims to be all set to complete 60 per cent of Aadhaar work by the end of December and speed up the process in the coming year to finish the remaining work.
At a recent meeting, Pune District Collector Vikas Deshmukh and LPG dealers and oil companies discussed Aadhaar-linked gas subsidy transfer system. With Pune district speeding up its Aadhar drive and setting a target of 60 per cent for this year, LPG distributors said those having UID numbers should give them in the Know Your Consumer (KYC) forms.
"We, as LPG distributors, are asking the customers to fill their KYC forms before November 30. Those seeking new connections can go in for non-subsidised connection," said state LPG distributors' association head Usha Poonawalla.
The district collector has procured nearly 200 machines for the Aadhar project. He said Aadhaar-linked bank accounts were on the cards and Pune was part of the pilot project for bank-linked accounts. The others cities are Mumbai, Nandurbar, Amravati and Wardha.
- The new alignment of incentives, unrest could make reservations an important political axis
- Pak seems to have woken up to the menace of an extremist consensus wrongly based on religion
- BJP won LS majority because of high corruption & even higher inflation under UPA
- Ram Madhav’s assertions do not match the ideological discourse of the RSS
- CCTVs and training courses in Oxford can’t transform school education. Mindsets need to change.
- In Tihar, more the murders, the greater your status; greater the loot, the bigger the status