Aadhaar work to be speeded up to be in time for gas subsidy
- As a public figure, you must learn to face criticism: SC tells Jayalalithaa in defamation case
- Rajnath Singh: Those who believe in Kashmiriyat, Insaniyat & Jamhooriyat welcome for talks
- Rohith Vemula was not a Dalit, says probe panel set up by HRD Ministry
- Scorpene Submarine: Will probe leak, says DCNS; source not from India, says Defence Ministry
- Saradha scam: ED summons Chidambaram's wife Nalini
With the government keen on starting disbursal of subsidy on LPG cylinders from June 2013, Pune district claims to be all set to complete 60 per cent of Aadhaar work by the end of December and speed up the process in the coming year to finish the remaining work.
At a recent meeting, Pune District Collector Vikas Deshmukh and LPG dealers and oil companies discussed Aadhaar-linked gas subsidy transfer system. With Pune district speeding up its Aadhar drive and setting a target of 60 per cent for this year, LPG distributors said those having UID numbers should give them in the Know Your Consumer (KYC) forms.
"We, as LPG distributors, are asking the customers to fill their KYC forms before November 30. Those seeking new connections can go in for non-subsidised connection," said state LPG distributors' association head Usha Poonawalla.
The district collector has procured nearly 200 machines for the Aadhar project. He said Aadhaar-linked bank accounts were on the cards and Pune was part of the pilot project for bank-linked accounts. The others cities are Mumbai, Nandurbar, Amravati and Wardha.
- Sedition law cannot be used against honest views, expressed peacefully
- India’s dependence on China for medicine ingredients is a matter of concern
- Before Balochistan, India has supported some human rights causes and ignored others
- Olympics brought many smiles — and a little bit of rancour
- Harish Gupta case involves questions about the very nature of governmental decision-making
- Tension between the executive and judiciary could play out in creative, or destructive, ways