Aamir Khan bets on non-holiday Friday with 'Talaash'
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan, who is known for releasing his much-awaited films during the holiday season, is betting on a work-day Friday for the opening of his upcoming thriller "Talaash".
"Talaash", also starring Kareena Kapoor and Rani Mukherjee, is Khan's huge release after "3 Idiots" in 2009 and wife Kiran Rao's directorial debut "Dhobi Ghat" last year.
After his last three hits - "3 Idiots", "Ghajini" and "Taare Zameen Par" - released on Christmas, "Talaash" will get a work-day release (November 30) across 2400 screens in India.
"Talaash is the most anticipated film of the season. Trade is very excited as it is very strong for non holiday Friday," a spokesperson said.
The film is being made at a modest budget of Rs 40 crores and has already recovered all its revenues from its satellite sales of the same amount, which is one of the highest ever.
Even the 47-year-old actor is leaving no stone unturned for the promotion of the film. He was recently seen on TV series 'CID' and also made other appearances for the film.