Aamir Khan: I have made a lot of mistakes in my career
- Malaysian plane crashes off Vietnam coast; 5 Indians on board
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan, who has delivered several hits in his film career like Taare Zameen Par, 3 Idiots, says because of his 'one film at a time approach' industry people often told him that his career will be finished soon.
Aamir Khan began as a child actor at the age of eight in Nasir Hussain's Yaadon Ki Baaraat (1973) and Madhosh (1974). Eleven years later, he made his acting debut as an adult in Ketan Mehta's Holi (1984) that went unnoticed.
The actor's first notable leading role came in 1988 in the film Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak, which was directed by his cousin and Nasir Hussain's son Mansoor Khan.
The actor has completed 25 years in the film industry and given notable performances in films like Dil, Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikander, Hum Hai Rahi Pyaar Ke, Andaz Apna Apna, Rangeela, Ghulam, Sarfarosh, Earth, Lagan, Dil Chahta Hai, Sarfarosh, Rang De Basanti, Fanna, Taare Zameen Par, Ghajini, 3 Idiots and others.
"I am happy and surprised to complete 25 years in the industry. When I was new I was not aware where and how my career will head. I was told an actor's life is of five years as public then gets bored of seeing them," Aamir Khan told reporters.
Aamir Khan insists that he chooses a film from his heart and doesn't do it to achieve name, fame, money and doesn't care
much about which banner is making the movie.
"My mantra to do a film has been questioned by many people in the industry. I remember industry people telling me that I would be out of this industry soon due to my one film or less films approach, and that my method was not right. People had lashed out at me and my way of working. But I never got deterred and followed what my heart said," he said.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today