Aamir Khan never stepped on my toes, says 'Talaash' director
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi breaks silence, says petty statements by 'BJP well wishers deviating poll campaign'
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- Centre calls off trip over China no to Arunachal youth
- JuD chief Hafiz Saeed: Hindus safe in Pakistan unlike Muslims in Gujarat
- In this TN seat, Cong, BJP and AAP take centrestage
Director Reema Kagti, who has teamed up with Aamir for her second film 'Talaash', has rubbished reports that she and the actor had creative differences while working on the film.
`"There were no creative differences ... There was no interference from him but yes there were lot of inputs. But he never stepped on my toes, he never forced me," Reema said in an interview here.
"From the time Aamir has come on board he has been very helpful from taking this script to making it into a very good film," she said.
Though its a first where Reema is directing Aamir, but she has been an assistant for his films like 'Lagaan' and 'Dil Chahta Hai'.
"He is co-operative, supportive and its wonderful to work with him. He is a very talented actor, he has got wonderful inputs. Aamir is obsessive about films and so am I. I know he followed me. He was respectful of me being a director," Reema said.
"I have worked with him while I was assisting during 'Lagaan', 'Dil Chahta Hai' so I knew him from before. I was comfortable and there was no such problem," she said.
Aamir has been accused of being interfering in the past while working on 'Taare Zameen Par' and 'Peepli Live'.
'Talaash' has a stellar cast comprising of Aamir, Kareena Kapoor, Rani Mukherjee, Nawazuddin Siddiqui and others.
"Both Rani and Kareena are the finest actresses but have different process of approaching their work. Rani needs a lot of preparation.. she wants to know everything while Kareena is completely opposite," Reema said. "Rani is the proverbial front bencher and Kareena is the back bencher. But both of them have terrific control over their art," said Reema, whose first film as a director was 'Honeymoon Travels Pvt Ltd'.
On the casting she said, "I don't think I chose them they chose me. It was something about the script that they connected with. When we got nod from Aamir we took it to Kareena and Rani, we did couple of narrations and then they came on board."
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready