Aamir Khan’s chat show likely on Star Plus
- LIVE: Western Railway resumes services, but Mumbai braces for more rain tomorrow
- Lalit Modi Row: BJP rejects demand for resignation of Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Hooch liquor tragedy: Death toll rises to 41; eight policemen suspended
- J&K govt prevents Sopore Chalo march, top separatists detained
- Petition against Tendulkar's Bharat Ratna admitted by Madhya Pradesh HC
Aamir Khan's chat show based on social issues is slated to be aired on Star Plus, said reliable sources. However, the project is hush-hush right now. All the details including its airing date are either yet to be finalised or being kept under wraps.
There were reports that the show is produced by Siddhartha Basu. However, Basu said that he is not aware of its (show) status though initially, he had discussions with Aamir. "There have been ongoing discussions and development, but Big Synergy is not currently or actively involved in any production with Aamir. He is a very hands-on person, with his own production company and he is the best person to speak on any plans or projects he may have for television. If he ever does TV, I just know he will put his heart and soul into it."
The superstar currently has two movies in hand, one is Reema Kagti's yet-to-be titled film co-starring Rani Mukerji and Kareena Kapoor and the other one is Dhoom 3. Only four days shoot is left for Kagti's film while Dhoom 3 takes off in January 2012. Speculation is rife that he will shoot for the chat show in the interim period. Aamir's spokesperson, however, denied it saying, "He is not doing a chat show."