Aamir Khan: Shah Rukh doesn't need me in his life, didn't like Salman Khan earlier
- Mad rush, chaos as Arvind Kejriwal takes local train to woo 'aam aadmi' in Mumbai
- SC defers hearing on Sahara's plea on releasing Subrata Roy
- President not for executing Devinderpal Singh Bhullar, MHA disagrees
- Lalu loyalist-turned rebel Ram Kripal Yadav joins BJP
- Malaysia asks India to join search for missing plane
Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan or Mr. Perfectionist as he's popularly known appeared on the latest episode of Karan Johar's spicy chat show, 'Koffee With Karan' along with director wife Kiran Rao.
This was the first time the couple graced Karan's couch and got down personal with the host as they spoke about their work, family, marriage and the film industry.
When asked by Karan why he took so long to appear on the chat show, the straight-forward Aamir Khan said, "I did not know you well two three years back and whatever little I knew about you, I did not like it."
Aamir Khan opened about the relationship he shares with the other reigning Khans – Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan.
About Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir said: "I think there is a genuine regard and respect for each other's work and for each other's space. There is also certain amount of guardedness. There is certainly a warmth between Shah Rukh and me but there have also been moments where there has been stress in the relationship."
Asked whether he works to bridge the gap, Aamir said, "Our lives don't converge that much. He's doing very well for himself; he's got a great family and a great bunch of people around him. I don't think he really needs me or has space in his life for me. I wish him well. I like to see his work an as audience."
Aamir Khan also spoke about his friendship with actor Salman Khan revealing how he didn't take much to the star initially. "In 'Andaaz Apna Apna', I had a bad experience working with him (Salman) . I didn't like him as I found him very rude and inconsiderate and a lot of things. Over the years whenever I met him, I was polite but after the experience of working with him in 'Andaaz Apna Apna', I just wanted to stay away from this guy. However, this changed sometime around when I split up with Reena (Aamir Khan's first wife). He walked into my life at a juncture when I was at my lowest phase … I was going through a very bad phase after my separation and divorce. For about a year and a half I was just locked up in my house and I was on a downslide. That's when I bumped into him again and he said he wanted to come over. And he came over and we started drinking…I was drinking a lot at that time, I don't know how, but something connected there. It kind of grew, we began spending more time together," said Aamir Khan.
- Rs 1.28 lakh looted at gunpoint
- Venkaiah Naidu sure of BJP crossing ‘magic figure’ in south India
- AAP candidates truly ‘aam aadmi’: Prithvi Reddy
- Bangalore fund-raiser: Dine with Arvind Kejriwal for Rs 20,000
- AAP sounds Gul Panag about Lok Sabha poll, father says decision soon
- The real high and low: Drunk cop creates ruckus in court, held