Aamir Khan to play villain in Dhoom 3
- Mad rush, chaos as Arvind Kejriwal takes local train to woo 'aam aadmi' in Mumbai
- SC defers hearing on Sahara's plea on releasing Subrata Roy
- President not for executing Devinderpal Singh Bhullar, MHA disagrees
- Lalu loyalist-turned rebel Ram Kripal Yadav joins BJP
- Malaysia asks India to join search for missing plane
Dhoom, India's version of the hi-octane thriller films is one of the most successful series in Bollywood. The much talked about third part of Dhoom has finally got the booster shot it needed. It is now official that Aamir Khan will be playing the villain in Dhoom: 3.
Confirming this Aamir says, "It is indeed a pleasure to be working with Yashji and Adi once again. Dhoom is a great franchise, most entertaining and full of fun. Every time I hear the theme tune of Dhoom it brings a swing to my step. Victor's script really won me over and I look forward to working with him."
Says producer Yash Chopra, "It's a great pleasure to have Aamir working with YRF once again. It's even more special that he will be doing Dhoom: 3. I am terribly excited with what an actor like Aamir will bring to the Dhoom franchise with his unique star power and level of performance. Adi and Victor have worked over a year to bring out, what I can now confidently say, is possibly one of the best scripts coming out of YRF and I am sure that with Aamir and Adi together, they will both create magic to give our audience one of the most exciting films they have ever seen."
Coming to the rest of the cast, Abhishek Bachchan and Uday Chopra will be seen in their previous avatars of Jai Dixit and Ali respectively. Produced by Aditya Chopra, Dhoom 3 will be directed by Vijay Krishna Acharya. Vijay is the writer of all three Dhoom films and has also directed Tashan. The film will begin shooting end of this year and is slated for a 2012 Christmas release.
- Rs 1.28 lakh looted at gunpoint
- Venkaiah Naidu sure of BJP crossing ‘magic figure’ in south India
- AAP candidates truly ‘aam aadmi’: Prithvi Reddy
- Bangalore fund-raiser: Dine with Arvind Kejriwal for Rs 20,000
- AAP sounds Gul Panag about Lok Sabha poll, father says decision soon
- The real high and low: Drunk cop creates ruckus in court, held