Aamir Khan to return to direction
- Delhi High Court raps MCD for strike, says common people are suffering
- Delhi air will never be safe because of its geographical disadvantage: Panel tells High Court
- Tanzanian student targeted because she was black, says envoy
- Supreme Court tells BCCI: Fall in line, Lodha panel report deserves respect
- Adarsh scam: CBI gets Maha Governor's nod to prosecute Ashok Chavan
After making a highly successful directorial debut with Taare Zameen Par (TZP), Aamir Khan is contemplating another stint behind the camera. His 2007 film TZP received accolades from both critics and viewers. The actor had also worked as an assistant director for his filmmaker-uncle Nasir Hussain's movies like Manzil Manzil (1984) and Zabardast (1985).
"I have a story that I have chosen and hope to direct but right now I have responsibility as an actor, plus I have Satyamev Jayate season 2," said Aamir. "The script is written by someone else. I have told the writer that direction will take time. I don't know when I would direct next. As I have Peekay, Dhoom 3 and Satyameva Jayaate 2 in hand. I might produce it as well," he added. Aamir said that he is fascinated with Mahabharat and will love to be a part of the epic's presentation on big screen one day.
"It is a desire. The project is huge. It is a dream project for me but if I decide today that I am making it, I will have to give 20 years to it. This is why I am scared," he said.
Aamir also cleared the air on reports of creative differences between him and director of his upcoming movie Talaash Reema Kagti. "As far as Reema is concerned, these rumours are not true. Lots of times they are untrue. Like Lagaan, this time around also there was something about me not being happy with the film. If I go around explaining every rumour I will have to stop working. I have to let go and decide that ultimately the film will speak for itself," he said adding "It's been wonderful working with Reema. She is in control of the material and confident about what she wants. She is clear about how she will get it. She doesn't compromise."
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2