Aamir Khan's 'Dhoom: 3' collects Rs 227 cr in 10 days
- Sahara chief Subrata Roy says he is not absconding; says ready to "unconditionally" obey Supreme Court direction
- In countdown to polls, UPA govt pushes for dozen cabinet proposals to beat moral code of conduct
- BJP gets its first new ally as Paswan returns to NDA fold
- Donât run from big retail chains, face them, Modi tells traders
- Lokpal selection process wonât yield best candidate, says Fali, declines role
Bollywood Perfectionist Aamir Khan has successfully reclaimed his top position at Box Office with his latest release 'Dhoom: 3' collecting Rs 227 crore nett in India as of December 29.
Film critic Taran Adarsh provided with the official figures:
Dhoom 3- All Languages
Hindi Rs 16.22 Cr
Tamil & Telugu Rs 0.49 Cr
Total Rs 16.71 Cr
Grand Total:- Rs 227.83 Cr
While Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' (Rs 202 crore), which released on the Christmas in 2009 took 70 days to cross the Rs 200 crore mark, Shah Rukh Khan's 'Chennai Express' (Rs 277 crore) did the same in just 15 days. Soon after that Hrithik Roshan's 'Krrish 3' (Rs 244 crore) took just 10 days to make it into the 200 crore club.
And now, Aamir Khan's 'Dhoom: 3' managed the same in nine days, establishing a new record of becoming the fastest film to reach the Rs. 200 crore mark.
Aamir Khan also beat his own record in USA and Canada: As you read this, #Dhoom3 [$ 7 million; ₹ 43.35 cr] has emerged the HIGHEST GROSSER in USA-Canada by overtaking #3Idiots [$ 6.5 million].
Also starring Katrina Kaif, Abhishek Bachchan, Uday Chopra, the film released on December 20.
- Youth Akali Dal leaders open fire in front of Akali leader’s home, 3 hurt
- Raarewala market: Shopkeepers threaten LS election boycott; Ayali, mayor swing into action
- Techie murder: 2 months on, cops land in UP on wild goose chase, lens on taxi, auto drivers
- Deoband cleric declares support for Narendra Modi
- Row in British parliament complex over Narendra Modi’s past
- Autorickshaws in Bangalore to get GPS makeover