Aamir Khan's 'Dhoom: 3' collects Rs 227 cr in 10 days
- My government will not be vindictive: Narendra Modi on Robert Vadra
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- Rahul tears into Narendra Modi's 'toffee model' development in Gujarat
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sonia to address rally in Telangana; Smriti Irani to file nomination shortly
Bollywood Perfectionist Aamir Khan has successfully reclaimed his top position at Box Office with his latest release 'Dhoom: 3' collecting Rs 227 crore nett in India as of December 29.
Film critic Taran Adarsh provided with the official figures:
Dhoom 3- All Languages
Hindi Rs 16.22 Cr
Tamil & Telugu Rs 0.49 Cr
Total Rs 16.71 Cr
Grand Total:- Rs 227.83 Cr
While Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' (Rs 202 crore), which released on the Christmas in 2009 took 70 days to cross the Rs 200 crore mark, Shah Rukh Khan's 'Chennai Express' (Rs 277 crore) did the same in just 15 days. Soon after that Hrithik Roshan's 'Krrish 3' (Rs 244 crore) took just 10 days to make it into the 200 crore club.
And now, Aamir Khan's 'Dhoom: 3' managed the same in nine days, establishing a new record of becoming the fastest film to reach the Rs. 200 crore mark.
Aamir Khan also beat his own record in USA and Canada: As you read this, #Dhoom3 [$ 7 million; ₹ 43.35 cr] has emerged the HIGHEST GROSSER in USA-Canada by overtaking #3Idiots [$ 6.5 million].
Also starring Katrina Kaif, Abhishek Bachchan, Uday Chopra, the film released on December 20.