Aamir Khan's 'Dhoom: 3' collects Rs 233 crore worldwide in 5 days
- FIR against Giriraj Singh for Modi-Pak remark, BJP pulls him up
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Malaysian Airlines flight to Bangalore makes air turnback, lands safely
- Vote for BSP to keep fascist forces, dynasty rule at bay: Mayawati to Muslims
- IPL 7: Glen Maxwell plays another blinder, leads KXIP to stunning win
Bollywood icon Aamir Khan's latest release 'Dhoom: 3' has taken over the world by storm as the film has collected Rs. 233.57 crore worldwide as of Tuesday (december 24). Film critic Taran Adarsh tweeted: "Here's *Fri to Tue* total of #Dhoom3: India ₹ 149.46 cr + Overseas ₹ 84.11 cr [$ 13.11 mn +]. Worldwide total: ₹ 233.57 cr."
In India, Aamir Khan's 'Dhoom: 3', co-starring Katrina Kaif and Abhishek Bachchan, smashed the opening day and opening weekend collection records set by Shah Rukh Khan starrer 'Chennai Express' and Hrithik Roshan's 'Krrish 3'.
'Dhoom: 3' has also broken box office records in Pakistan. In the country's largest city of Karachi, 'Dhoom: 3's box office receipts from 56 screens on its opening day was around Rs 20 million shattering Pakistani film 'Waar's record of Rs 11.4 million on its opening day.
'Dhoom: 3' was released at a time when the screening of Indian movies has come under a cloud because of an order from the Lahore High Court barring the exhibition of "illegally" imported films.
The 'Dhoom: 3' craze in Karachi has reached such heights that multiplexes are running the film on all their screens and having five shows a day on one screen - something unheard of in the Pakistani film industry.
- ‘We were in a bit of trouble initially but AB came in and he steadied the ship’
- Cops claim body was lifted from crime scene within 20 mins, family says it’s a lie
- After opening loss CSK face resurgent Daredevils
- Kirsten has given me new insight, says Coulter-Nile
- Nomination filed, the other Manpreet Badal goes missing
- M&M keep it sweet for punjab