Aamir Khan's Dhoom 3, under Yash Raj Films to release in IMAX format
- BJP nominee to Narendra Modi critics: You will soon be in Pakistan, not India
- China says no to Arunachal youth in India delegation, minister says letâs call off trip
- Upar Narendra, neeche Bhupinder... new BJP slogan echoes in states of rivals
- Lok Sabha polls: Tamizh Talkies
- On Rahul campaign, Sonia tells Amethi: âLike Indira, I gave my son to youâ
Dhoom 3, the third action flick in Yash Raj Films' Dhoom franchise, will be released in the IMAX format. The film features Aamir Khan and Katrina Kaif in villainous roles, apart from Abhishek Bachchan and Uday Chopra, who reprise their roles of cops from the earlier films. Directed by writer and lyricist Vijay Krishna Acharya, the IMAX motion picture film format includes a projection system which offers crystal-clear images, customised to picture viewing and audio quality. While this technology is widely used in Hollywood, Dhoom 3 becomes the first Hindi feature film to be released in the IMAX format. This digitally enhanced version of Dhoom 3 will be released in IMAX theaters across India.
Another Yash Raj Films' production that will be digitally re-mastered for IMAX theatres is Paani. The film, based in a future world where wars over water have broken out, is produced by Aditya Chopra and directed by Shekhar Kapur.