Aamir Khan's Dhoom 3, under Yash Raj Films to release in IMAX format
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Dhoom 3, the third action flick in Yash Raj Films' Dhoom franchise, will be released in the IMAX format. The film features Aamir Khan and Katrina Kaif in villainous roles, apart from Abhishek Bachchan and Uday Chopra, who reprise their roles of cops from the earlier films. Directed by writer and lyricist Vijay Krishna Acharya, the IMAX motion picture film format includes a projection system which offers crystal-clear images, customised to picture viewing and audio quality. While this technology is widely used in Hollywood, Dhoom 3 becomes the first Hindi feature film to be released in the IMAX format. This digitally enhanced version of Dhoom 3 will be released in IMAX theaters across India.
Another Yash Raj Films' production that will be digitally re-mastered for IMAX theatres is Paani. The film, based in a future world where wars over water have broken out, is produced by Aditya Chopra and directed by Shekhar Kapur.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express