AAP against quota in promotions
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Lambasting the two principal political parties on the quota issue, Aam Aadmi Party spokesperson Manish Sisodia on Sunday described it as a part of the divisive agenda of parties. There is no need for quota in promotions, he said, as it would only lead to needless heartburn. "Aam Aadmi Party takes exception to the cynical manner in which the issue of reservation in promotions in government jobs is being exploited by various political parties to pit one section of society against another. Instead of taking a principled stand, the Congress has dithered and allowed itself to be blackmailed while the BJP has maintained a strategic silence," he said.