AAP approaches EC for registration
- Delhi: Multi-vehicle pileup on NH-1 leaves at least five dead
- Siachen avalanche: Air pocket under 35 ft of snow kept Lance Naik Hanumanthappa alive
- Facts dispute claims by banks: write-off gallops, recovery crawls
- Upset allies Akali Dal and Shiv Sena let BJP know: Keep us in loop
- David Headley deposition adjourned for the day following technical glitch
A week after its launch, Arvind Kejriwal led-Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Monday approached Election Commission for registration.
AAP National Secretary Pankaj Gupta submitted the papers regarding registration to the Commission, which will inform the party whether the documents were in order.
"Our meeting was brief. We've submitted our documents. The registration process will take around two-three months time," Gupta said.
He expressed confidence that the party will get an election symbol before the Assembly polls in Delhi next year.