AAP celebrates its show in Delhi polls
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Akhilesh Yadav tears into Narendra Modi bastion on maiden visit to Gujarat, says third front ready to govern
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs DD: CSK wreak havoc on DD with clinical bowling
The local unit of the Aam Aadmi Party on Sunday held a rally and distributed sweets to celebrate the victory of its candidates in the Delhi Assembly elections.
"The unprecedented response given by the people to the Aam Aadmi Party in Delhi has proved that people of this country are fed up with both the Congress and the BJP. Given a viable alternative, they will surely vote for it," said Ajay Mittal, district convenor for the Aam Aadmi Party in Ludhiana.
Amid fireworks and distribution of sweets, the party volunteers gathered in great numbers at the party office. They danced and celebrated the historic win of their leader Arvind Kejriwal from the New Delhi seat, defeating three-time Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit by 22,000 votes. They proceeded in a victory rally to Clock Tower and distributed sweets among the public at Clock Tower and Mata Rani Chowk.
Balbir Aggarwal, district secretary, Aam Aadmi Party, said: "This is a vote for change and clean ideals in politics."
The party spokesperson said a grand victory rally would be taken out in the city on Monday at 2 pm from the party office at Feroze Gandhi Market that would cover all the main areas of the city.
BJP bursts crackers to mark poll victory
LUDHIANA: The local unit of the BJP celebrated its impressive show in the four Assembly polls by distributing laddoos and bursting crackers outside their Clock Tower office on Sunday. The party workers said that they had already won the semi-final and were getting ready to win the final in the form of Lok Sabha elections next year.