Aaron Johnson to play Quicksilver in 'Avengers' sequel
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
"Kick-Ass" star Aaron Johnson is set to star in the upcoming superhero film "Avengers: Age of Ultron".
Johnson will play Quicksilver, the son of Magneto, in the upcoming movie.
This will reunite him with his "Godzilla" co-star, Elizabeth Olsen, who is expected to take on the role of the Scarlet Witch, the twin sister of Quicksilver, reported Ace Showbiz.
Earlier this year when he confirmed auditioning for the role, he had said, "There's years - over 50 years - of backstory on him all there to use, and I like doing that."
"Him and his sister have been abandoned by their parents and their father, and they grew up in Eastern Europe defending and looking out for themselves and each other.
"His sister really is his guidance - emotionally she's the one who looks after him, and vice versa. He's very overprotective physically - he doesn't want anyone touching her."
The second installment of "The Avengers" series will hit theatres on May 1, 2015 in the US. Robert Downey Jr, Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson and Jeremy Renner will reprise their respective roles.
James Spader is tapped to play the villain. Aaron Johnson to play Quicksilver in 'Avengers' sequel