Aarushi Murder case: Talwars submit list of 13 more witnesses
- The Rahul Gandhi interview: 'PM candidates are unconstitutional, I won't step back if MPs ask me to be PM'
- Maoists target teachers, ambulance
- World doesn't trust Modi, says Congress citing British newspaper
- Day after EC crackdown, Azam Khan booked for Kargil remarks
- The Narendra Modi interview: 'Cong's problem is that it can't see a chaiwallah challenging them'
Dentist couple Rajesh and Nupur Talwar on Monday submitted a list of 13 more witnesses, including seven CBI officials, to a special court here in the Aarushi-Hemraj murder case trial.
"These 13 people were made prosecution witnesses by the CBI, but were never produced in court for their statements," Talwars' counsel Manoj Sisodia said.
Talwars in their petition alleged that the prosecution had "deliberately" dropped some witnesses whose statements and potential testimonies were in "favour" of the case of the accused.
The dentist couple also sought a direction to the CBI to place on record the disclosure statement made by their compounder Krishna and domestic helps Vijay Mandal and Rajkumar.
So far seven defence witnesses have been examined in the trial court.
The new list of 13 more witnesses includes two CBI sub-inspectors Yatish Chandra Sharma and Pramod Kumar Tanwar, four CBI inspectors HS Sachan, Mukesh Sharma, Pankaj Bansal and Naresh Indora and one CBI deputy SP RS Kureel.
Sisodia told reporters the list further stated that Noida police inspector Anil Samania and sub-inspector Sunita Rana, a cleaner Shashi Devi, Dolai Sheikh, Gopal Sheikh and Vijay Kumar Saau be summoned by the court as defence witnesses.
Talwars in petition said that the statement of Sunita Rana, a Noida police sub-inspector, was recorded under Section 161 of CrPC by two CBI inspectors-Mukesh and Pankaj.