Aarushi murder: Rajesh Talwar's bail extended
- Jigisha Ghosh murder case: Two convicts get death sentence, life imprisonment for one
- Ban pellet guns in Kashmir, Omar Abdullah-led delegation asks PM Modi
- PM Modi, Afghan President Ghani jointly inaugurate renovated Stor Palace
- AAP doesn't have money to fight election: Kejriwal
- Kicking off UP poll campaign, Mayawati slams BJP-RSS, SP, is soft on Congress
The Sessions court in Ghazaibad on Wednesday extended the bail of Dr Rajesh Talwar in the twin murder case of daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj.
The Allahabad High Court had yesterday refused to provide any immediate relief to Nupur Talwar in connection with the hearing of her bail plea, even as she stands trial along with her dentist husband Rajesh Talwar in 2008 murder case.
The High Court, however, asked the Ghaziabad court, where the trial is scheduled to begin on Wednesday, to look into her bail plea expeditiously.
At the Allahabad High Court on Tuesday, the application filed by Nupur, through her counsel V P Srivastava, was taken up for hearing by Justice Balakrishna Narayana.
"Our plea was that her bail should be heard simultaneously when she appears before the trial court. However, the court was of the opinion that the only relief that can be granted at this stage would be to ask the lower court to hear the bail plea expeditiously," Srivastava said, adding that Nupur will have to appear before the Ghaziabad court.
The Ghaziabad court had refused to close the Aarushi case and had issued summons to the Talwars.
On March 2, the Supreme Court had dismissed petitions filed by the Talwars to transfer the trial from Ghaziabad to Delhi.
- Cow protection, paradoxically, poses a threat to the BJP’s project of Hindu unity
- The government needs to distinguish between crooked NGOs and genuine ones
- India’s quest for Olympic medals is hampered by history and geography
- The Modi government is meeting its development targets before time
- Raja Mandala: The Great Wall of China
- Farm incomes may not revive despite good monsoon