Aarushi-Hemraj murder case: Talwars to appear before CBI court today
- Angry Priyanka Gandhi hits back at opponents, says her husband Robert Vadra is being 'maligned'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: UPA will hold together even in defeat, says Sharad Pawar
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL spot fixing: Do you want to probe charges against Srinivasan? SC asks Justice Mudgal panel
- Hate speeches: Modi says petty statements by 'BJP well wishers deviating poll campaign'
Dentist couple Rajesh and Nupur Talwar will appear before the special CBI court hearing the Aarushi-Hemraj murder case to record their statement.
Special CBI judge Shyam Lal has rejected the defence counsel\'s plea, which demanded that 13 other witnesses including ADG (law and order) and the then CBI Joint Director Arun Kumar also be called to record statements.
The court rejected defence plea and ordered to record the statements of the Talwar couple, who are the main accused.
Statement of CBI investigating officer AGL Kaul, the last prosecution witness, has already been recorded.
The CBI had told the court that teenager Aarushi Talwar\'s murder five years back was carried out by her parents Rajesh and Nupur Talwar and no outsider was present.
In his deposition before the Additional Judge, Kaul, who headed the CBI probe, had told the court that their investigations revealed no evidence of any third person\'s entry in the house.
(With PTI inputs)
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready