Aarushi-Hemraj murder case: Talwars to appear before CBI court today
- Turkey twin blasts: At least 86 killed, 186 injured; PM says attack could be suicide bombings
- I have become a victim of party's internal politics, says sacked AAP minister Asim Ahmed
- Now, Malayalam novelist Sarah Joseph returns her Sahitya Academy award
- Nawaz Sharif invites Hurriyat leader Geelani to Pakistan
- Indrani Mukerjea collapsed due to weakness; no drug overdose or poison, say jail authorities
Dentist couple Rajesh and Nupur Talwar will appear before the special CBI court hearing the Aarushi-Hemraj murder case to record their statement.
Special CBI judge Shyam Lal has rejected the defence counsel\'s plea, which demanded that 13 other witnesses including ADG (law and order) and the then CBI Joint Director Arun Kumar also be called to record statements.
The court rejected defence plea and ordered to record the statements of the Talwar couple, who are the main accused.
Statement of CBI investigating officer AGL Kaul, the last prosecution witness, has already been recorded.
The CBI had told the court that teenager Aarushi Talwar\'s murder five years back was carried out by her parents Rajesh and Nupur Talwar and no outsider was present.
In his deposition before the Additional Judge, Kaul, who headed the CBI probe, had told the court that their investigations revealed no evidence of any third person\'s entry in the house.
(With PTI inputs)