Abducted Etawah businessman rescued
- Jigisha Ghosh murder case: Two convicts get death sentence, life imprisonment for one
- Ban pellet guns in Kashmir, Omar Abdullah-led delegation asks PM Modi
- PM Modi, Afghan President Ghani jointly inaugurate renovated Stor Palace
- AAP doesn't have money to fight election: Kejriwal
- Kicking off UP poll campaign, Mayawati slams BJP-RSS, SP, is soft on Congress
The Etawah police, on Saturday, rescued a businessman who was kidnapped around four days ago from outside his shop at Abrar village in Jaswant Nagar area. No arrest has been made in the case.
The police traced Rakesh Tiwari (42) from the thickets of village Khera Bujurg, around 10 Km from his shop. Police said the accused escaped leaving behind Tiwari after police started combing in the nearby area where he was kept.
Additional Superintendent of Police, Etawah, Rishipal Singh said kidnappers had beaten up Rajesh badly while he was in their custody, adding that the motive behind the kidnapping will be investigated as no ransom call was made by accused.
Jawant Nagar police station SHO, Ram Murti Yadav said things would be clear after questioning the victim, who is still in shock. The victim is into dairy business; we are looking into all aspects to find the motive behind his kidnapping", the SHO said.
- Cow protection, paradoxically, poses a threat to the BJP’s project of Hindu unity
- The government needs to distinguish between crooked NGOs and genuine ones
- India’s quest for Olympic medals is hampered by history and geography
- The Modi government is meeting its development targets before time
- Raja Mandala: The Great Wall of China
- Farm incomes may not revive despite good monsoon