Abducted Etawah businessman rescued
- Dawood Ibrahim will be nabbed soon: Rajnath Singh
- NEET ordinance gets President Pranab's assent ahead of China visit
- Assam swearing-in today: AGP, BPF may get two berths each in cabinet
- Uttarakhand sting CD case: CM Harish Rawat appears at CBI headquarters
- Amid big red flags, small green shoots point to uptick in economic growth
The Etawah police, on Saturday, rescued a businessman who was kidnapped around four days ago from outside his shop at Abrar village in Jaswant Nagar area. No arrest has been made in the case.
The police traced Rakesh Tiwari (42) from the thickets of village Khera Bujurg, around 10 Km from his shop. Police said the accused escaped leaving behind Tiwari after police started combing in the nearby area where he was kept.
Additional Superintendent of Police, Etawah, Rishipal Singh said kidnappers had beaten up Rajesh badly while he was in their custody, adding that the motive behind the kidnapping will be investigated as no ransom call was made by accused.
Jawant Nagar police station SHO, Ram Murti Yadav said things would be clear after questioning the victim, who is still in shock. The victim is into dairy business; we are looking into all aspects to find the motive behind his kidnapping", the SHO said.
- Increasing attacks on freedoms in between polls must worry us all
- Latest round of assembly polls did not see a BJP wave or a decimation of Congress
- India’s economic growth has been associated with premature industrial suburbanisation
- SC judgment on criminal defamation gives rise to a few obvious free speech concerns
- Supreme Court has rightly upheld criminal defamation law
- India’s democratic success is due to the EC, and the triumph of trust over cynicism