Abducted Etawah businessman rescued
- Rahul Gandhi attacks Narendra Modi; highlights Congress work in Uttarakhand
- Rohtak rally: Ambani, Modi, Rahul, media â all are corrupt, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Donât discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit to Shinde
- Fraud Office gets govt nod to prosecute Radia firms
- âStingâ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
The Etawah police, on Saturday, rescued a businessman who was kidnapped around four days ago from outside his shop at Abrar village in Jaswant Nagar area. No arrest has been made in the case.
The police traced Rakesh Tiwari (42) from the thickets of village Khera Bujurg, around 10 Km from his shop. Police said the accused escaped leaving behind Tiwari after police started combing in the nearby area where he was kept.
Additional Superintendent of Police, Etawah, Rishipal Singh said kidnappers had beaten up Rajesh badly while he was in their custody, adding that the motive behind the kidnapping will be investigated as no ransom call was made by accused.
Jawant Nagar police station SHO, Ram Murti Yadav said things would be clear after questioning the victim, who is still in shock. The victim is into dairy business; we are looking into all aspects to find the motive behind his kidnapping", the SHO said.
According to Ram Murti, on Tuesday late evening, unidentified miscreants picked up Rajesh Tiwari and his servant Deep Chand in their car soon after the duo closed shop. After some time, the kidnappers released Deep Chand and took away Rajesh.
- Trinamool submits preliminary list of candidates from UP
- ‘Jittery’ Mulayam aborts AMU trip
- Exit light: World’s most expensive party comes to a close
- ‘Modi-Mamata brother-sister, help minorities only in theory’
- Rafa saves match points to make final, meets Dolgopolov
- Sycophancy culture to bring CPM’s downfall: Mollah, Seth