Abducted Etawah businessman rescued
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
The Etawah police, on Saturday, rescued a businessman who was kidnapped around four days ago from outside his shop at Abrar village in Jaswant Nagar area. No arrest has been made in the case.
The police traced Rakesh Tiwari (42) from the thickets of village Khera Bujurg, around 10 Km from his shop. Police said the accused escaped leaving behind Tiwari after police started combing in the nearby area where he was kept.
Additional Superintendent of Police, Etawah, Rishipal Singh said kidnappers had beaten up Rajesh badly while he was in their custody, adding that the motive behind the kidnapping will be investigated as no ransom call was made by accused.
Jawant Nagar police station SHO, Ram Murti Yadav said things would be clear after questioning the victim, who is still in shock. The victim is into dairy business; we are looking into all aspects to find the motive behind his kidnapping", the SHO said.
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress