Abhay Deol in 'Baaton Baaton Mein' remake
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
After 'Shaukeen', director Basu Chatterjee's 1979 comedy 'Baaton Baaton Mein' featuring Amol Palekar and Tina Munim is all set for a remake.
While 'Shaukeen' is being planned with Tigmanshu Dhulia scripting and Abhishek Sharma direction, 'Baaton Baaton Mein' is all set to be directed by Shivum Nair.
Shivum nair has earlier directed Abhay Deol and Soha Ali Khan in the drama 'Ahista Ahista' in 2006.
Abhay Deol, seen by many filmmakers as the new-age Amol Palekar is expected to step into Palekar's part while Yaami Gautam is the replacement for Tina Munim in the 'Baaton Baaton Mein' remake.
Confirming these developments, producer Aditya Bhatia says, "Yes, we're doing a remake of 'Baaton Baaton Mein'. The details are now being worked out."
While admitting that Abhay Deol and Yaami Gautam are the likely choices in the remake Bhatia says, "We're still in the process of firming everything in."
Interestingly, other Basu Chatterjee classics have been remade or are in the process of being remade. Sooraj Barjatya remade Basu Chatterjee's 'Chit Chor' as 'Main Prem Ki Deewaani Hoon'.