Abhay Deol, Shruti Haasan in a political satire
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- Kumar Vishwas files application alleging threat to life from Rahul and Priyanka
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- 2 States movie review: Alia Bhatt is a surprise
Abhay Deol, who has had an interesting repertoire of films to his credit of late, has signed a social and political satire that will be directed by Ashwani Dhir. He is paired opposite Shruti Haasan and the cast will include actors like Sanjay Mishra. This will be the first time that Deol and Haasan will be acting together.
"The film tackles serious issues in a light vein. In fact, it is a hard-hitting film, but will also have fun elements. Slated to take off sometime early next year, it will be shot in the Chambal valley," said a source confirming the development.
Abhay Deol, who was last seen in Raanjhanaa as a youth political leader, has wrapped up the shooting of his home production One By Four, which is a romcom. He even learnt to play the guitar for his character. The film releases on February 7, 2014. Deol will now be co-producing the Hollywood flick Bounty Hunter and will also star in it.
Dhir's last directorial venture was Son Of Sardaar starring Sanjay Dutt, Ajay Devgn and Sonakshi Sinha.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer