Abhinav School wins Limca city finals
- Live: When I was a tea-seller, it was Assam tea I sold which refreshed people, says PM Modi
- David Headley claims he told NIA about Ishrat Jahan
- Govt making all efforts to secure release of Indian priest in Yemen: Sushma Swaraj
- Balochistan arrest: Father, uncle worked with Mumbai police
- J&K: PDP, BJP set to meet Vohra today to form government
The Abhinav Vidyalaya English School has won the Pune city Limca Book of Records Quiz 2010 finals held at PVG College of Engineering & Technology Auditorium, Pune (Muktangan English School Campus).
The young geniuses from the winning school would now be amongst the 80 schools to compete in the semi finals. Hutchings High School emerged as the runners up.
Around 306 students from 72 schools participated from Pune, out of which six schools went in the city finals— Abhinav Vidyala English School, Hutchings High School, Army Public School, Air Force School, Loyola High School and Delhi Public School.
The winning team was felicitated by Niraj Barethiya, area HR manager, Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages Pvt. Ltd. Those present on the occasion were Anand Munje, Limca Book of Records holder for launching a flight from the 1,646m (5,400 ft)-high Kalsubai Peak, covering 4 km in only 11 mins and Dr RP Joshi, principal, Muktangan English School Campus.
This year the quiz is being organised on a bigger scale to continue its journey of promoting knowledge and awareness among the youth of the country. The multicity initiative has been launched in partnership with 'Know & Grow with Derek' and involves participation of young geniuses from class VIII toXII.
- Across the Aisle: Slogans, patriots and anti-nationals
- In India, jihadi violence has a longer history than almost anywhere else
- Five takeaways from the most recent act of Islamist terrorism in the West
- If Congress fails to retain either Assam or Kerala, the death knell will begin to sound
- Inside Track: Differences within
- By not responding to provocation by Cong, BJP is showing that it is learning to lead