Abhishek Bachchan, Bobby Deal gear up for Do Aur Do Paanch remake
- Winter session Day 1: Govt talks about misuse of word 'secularism', Sonia raises 'intolerance' debate
- Sheena murder: CBI seeks Interpol help, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till Nov 30
- PPCC chief Bajwa and Jakhar made to resign as rejig in Punjab Congress imminent
- Constitution Day: The many reasons why the BJP decided to celebrate it
- India-Pakistan series to be played from December 15 in Sri Lanka: Rajiv Shukla
Abhishek Bachchan has always had massive shoes to fill with his father Amitabh Bachchan being the legendary superstar. AB Jr. who has till date steered clear of his father's films remakes, has finally agreed to be part of one. In fact he will be seen playing the role originally essayed by Big B in the remake of the film Do Aur Do Paanch.
It is learnt that producer-director Kunal Kohli has roped in Abhishek for the role. The yesteryear film that featured Shashi Kapoor in addition to Bachchan was the story of two petty thieves who are employed to abduct the son of a rich businessman. However everything goes awry when the duo fall in love with Hema Malini and Parveen Babi respectively, who change them into good men.
While Abhishek will essay the role of Bachchan, Bobby Deol will play Shashi's role. However, the girls, are still being finalized. The film will be directed by newcomer Akshaye Puri.
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed
- Douglass North emphasised institutions when markets were the focus
- ‘Bovine Divine’ controversy lurched between the horrific and the comic
- PM Modi’s achievements abroad appear to cut little ice back home
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?