Abhishek Bachchan, Bobby Deal gear up for Do Aur Do Paanch remake
- Mahad bridge collapse: Naval locates wreckage of two buses under water
- Stop sympathising, act against Dalit attackers: Mayawati tells PM Modi
- Raghuram Rajan: Ready to stay a bit longer to complete bank 'clean ups'
- Singapore tribunal reveals how Ranbaxy ‘buried info on fraud, duped its owners’
- Minister of State floats a new bogey: Intellectual terrorism
Abhishek Bachchan has always had massive shoes to fill with his father Amitabh Bachchan being the legendary superstar. AB Jr. who has till date steered clear of his father's films remakes, has finally agreed to be part of one. In fact he will be seen playing the role originally essayed by Big B in the remake of the film Do Aur Do Paanch.
It is learnt that producer-director Kunal Kohli has roped in Abhishek for the role. The yesteryear film that featured Shashi Kapoor in addition to Bachchan was the story of two petty thieves who are employed to abduct the son of a rich businessman. However everything goes awry when the duo fall in love with Hema Malini and Parveen Babi respectively, who change them into good men.
While Abhishek will essay the role of Bachchan, Bobby Deol will play Shashi's role. However, the girls, are still being finalized. The film will be directed by newcomer Akshaye Puri.
- She has not let anyone down. The people of India have let down Irom Sharmila
- Triple talaq: Indian Muslims must find a solution in accordance with the teachings and spirit of Islam
- Several problems and hurdles lie ahead in the implementation of the GST regime
- In Brazil, majestic horses leapt over hurdles. In India, the holy cow lay low
- Poor management of floods afflicts the Assam economy
- Una awakening: New focus on land distribution for redemption of Dalit dignity