Abhishek, Ranbir to play football with Indian cricket team
- Earthquake of magnitude 6.0 hits Afghanistan, tremors felt in north india
- Modi sarkar on right track to bring 'achche din': LK Advani
- Army officer injured in encounter with militants in J&K's Kupwara district
- Modi in Malaysia: Religion should be delinked from terror, says PM
- US 'will not relent' in Islamic State campaign, says Barack Obama
Bollywood actors Abhishek Bachchan and Ranbir Kapoor will play a football match with Indian cricket team to raise funds for a charity
The match titled 'Playing for Humanity' will be held here on March 30 and is being managed by GS Worldwide Entertainment and the All Stars Football Club (ASFC), according to a release here.
"ASFC is a lot of fun. We plan to do great work. It's raising the awareness for a great game, to popularise it and to raise funds and it's a very noble gesture and I'm looking forward to playing," Abhishek said in the release.
"I'm fortunate to be one of the founders of the club. Bunty Walia (GS Entertainment) came with this brilliant idea and all the profits go to the charity organizations and I think it's a great cause," said Ranbir Kapoor, who is an avid football lover.
The Bollywood team will be led by Bachchan and World Cup star Virat Kohli is the captain for the Indian cricket team for the charity match for NGO Magic Bus.
- Open channels of communication are vital for democracy and governance
- Slogans should be backed with appropriate strategies, else they remain showbiz
- Ideas seem to be the BJP’s enemy, whether from within or from without
- No country is ready to send boots on the ground, thus ensuring the survival of the IS
- Bad monsoon memories
- Across the aisle: A flat growth rate indicates India's economy is in poor shape