Abhishek, Ranbir to play football with Indian cricket team
- Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case: Javed Sheikh's father moves CBI court against Amit Shah, ex-DGP; wants them arraigned
- Editors slam Arvind Kejriwal for 'irresponsible' media remark
- I skipped rally because I was misled: Anna Hazare
- Goa court grants permission to Tarun Tejpal to meet his ailing mother
- Arvind Kejriwal alleges whole media is sold, backtracks later
Bollywood actors Abhishek Bachchan and Ranbir Kapoor will play a football match with Indian cricket team to raise funds for a charity
The match titled 'Playing for Humanity' will be held here on March 30 and is being managed by GS Worldwide Entertainment and the All Stars Football Club (ASFC), according to a release here.
"ASFC is a lot of fun. We plan to do great work. It's raising the awareness for a great game, to popularise it and to raise funds and it's a very noble gesture and I'm looking forward to playing," Abhishek said in the release.
"I'm fortunate to be one of the founders of the club. Bunty Walia (GS Entertainment) came with this brilliant idea and all the profits go to the charity organizations and I think it's a great cause," said Ranbir Kapoor, who is an avid football lover.
The Bollywood team will be led by Bachchan and World Cup star Virat Kohli is the captain for the Indian cricket team for the charity match for NGO Magic Bus.
The other big names in the match are said to be MS Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh and actor Arjun Kapoor.