Absconding criminal found dead
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
An absconding criminal on police records was found dead under mysterious circumstances on the terrace of a house in early hours of Friday. Police suspect that he died after falling down from the fifth floor of an adjacent building in Warje Malwadi.
Warje Malwadi police have identified the deceased as Tukaram Bhagat (30) of Shivne. Police said there were about seven cases, including two related to attempt to murder, registered against him.
Senior inspector with Warje Malwadi police station Sunil Darekar said, "Around 1 am on Friday, a resident called us that a person was lying in a pool of blood on his terrace. Two of our constables went to the spot immediately and took him to a hosopital where doctors declared him dead on arrival. We later identified him to be Bhagat."
Police suspect him to have accidentally fallen from the fifth floor and are also investigating for suspected foul play. Darekar said, "It seems he first hit the pillar and then fell on the terrace of the building."
- Telangana turmoil likely in Parliament; PM says opposition to bill are hiccups, BJP to take call as per â€˜situationâ€™
- LIVE: Narendra Modi addresses first rally in Mamataâ€™sÂ turf
- Jan Lokpal Bill divides AAP and Cong, threatens Delhi govt
- Chidambaram counters Kejriwal over khap panchayat issue, says such bodies not part of IndianÂ culture