Absconding criminal found dead
- India's naval might on full display off Visakhapatnam coast
- Kerala solar scam: Had freedom to enter Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha Nair
- Australian national suspected to be IS supporter deported from Delhi airport
- At least 39 dead as Gujarat state transport bus plunges into river
- Cops have a case for new juvenile law: boy who ‘killed 2’
An absconding criminal on police records was found dead under mysterious circumstances on the terrace of a house in early hours of Friday. Police suspect that he died after falling down from the fifth floor of an adjacent building in Warje Malwadi.
Warje Malwadi police have identified the deceased as Tukaram Bhagat (30) of Shivne. Police said there were about seven cases, including two related to attempt to murder, registered against him.
Senior inspector with Warje Malwadi police station Sunil Darekar said, "Around 1 am on Friday, a resident called us that a person was lying in a pool of blood on his terrace. Two of our constables went to the spot immediately and took him to a hosopital where doctors declared him dead on arrival. We later identified him to be Bhagat."
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2