Absconding criminal found dead
- J&K: Five injured as Pak troops resort to heavy mortar shelling along LoC
- Two women killed, 10 injured in Puri Rath Yatra stampede
- Multi-storey building collapses in West Delhi, many feared trapped
- PM Narendra Modi calls maiden meet of NDA parties ahead of Monsoon session
- Drone shot down by Pakistan 'China made': Chinese state media
An absconding criminal on police records was found dead under mysterious circumstances on the terrace of a house in early hours of Friday. Police suspect that he died after falling down from the fifth floor of an adjacent building in Warje Malwadi.
Warje Malwadi police have identified the deceased as Tukaram Bhagat (30) of Shivne. Police said there were about seven cases, including two related to attempt to murder, registered against him.
Senior inspector with Warje Malwadi police station Sunil Darekar said, "Around 1 am on Friday, a resident called us that a person was lying in a pool of blood on his terrace. Two of our constables went to the spot immediately and took him to a hosopital where doctors declared him dead on arrival. We later identified him to be Bhagat."
Police suspect him to have accidentally fallen from the fifth floor and are also investigating for suspected foul play. Darekar said, "It seems he first hit the pillar and then fell on the terrace of the building."