Absconding criminal found dead
- J-K: Day after DG level talks, 1 BSF officer killed in Pak firing in Rajouri
- Bihar polls: NDA fails to clinch seat-sharing deal as Manjhi plays hardball
- 70 Indian sailors stranded in Yemen, MEA says working on evacuation
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan heckled near Jhabua blast site; accused absconding
- Munnar tea estate workers end nine-day-long agitation
An absconding criminal on police records was found dead under mysterious circumstances on the terrace of a house in early hours of Friday. Police suspect that he died after falling down from the fifth floor of an adjacent building in Warje Malwadi.
Warje Malwadi police have identified the deceased as Tukaram Bhagat (30) of Shivne. Police said there were about seven cases, including two related to attempt to murder, registered against him.
Senior inspector with Warje Malwadi police station Sunil Darekar said, "Around 1 am on Friday, a resident called us that a person was lying in a pool of blood on his terrace. Two of our constables went to the spot immediately and took him to a hosopital where doctors declared him dead on arrival. We later identified him to be Bhagat."