Absconding criminal found dead
- AgustaWestland row: TMC MP Roy asked to withdraw from Rajya Sabha for the day
- KG Basin issue: Opposition demands PM Modi respond to CAG report
- AgustaWestland case: CBI questions ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi
- Uttarakhand fire: Affected areas down by over 70%, says NDRF
- Delhi: Taxi drivers protest against SC ban on diesel vehicles, block traffic
An absconding criminal on police records was found dead under mysterious circumstances on the terrace of a house in early hours of Friday. Police suspect that he died after falling down from the fifth floor of an adjacent building in Warje Malwadi.
Warje Malwadi police have identified the deceased as Tukaram Bhagat (30) of Shivne. Police said there were about seven cases, including two related to attempt to murder, registered against him.
Senior inspector with Warje Malwadi police station Sunil Darekar said, "Around 1 am on Friday, a resident called us that a person was lying in a pool of blood on his terrace. Two of our constables went to the spot immediately and took him to a hosopital where doctors declared him dead on arrival. We later identified him to be Bhagat."
- ‘Gurugram’ seeks to return to some imagined monkish moment
- All possible readings of the law suggest a university can be a minority institution
- It’s time to end the double standards that favour men across religions
- Kanak Dixit’s arrest comes at a time of serious questioning of the judiciary
- In the right environment
- Government should back CJI on idea of a Court of Appeal