AC double decker train on Delhi-Chandigarh route soon
- Rahul Gandhi 'happy' with Varun Gandhi's 'good work' praise; BJP leader clarifies it's no endorsement for Cong
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Aam Aadmi Party likely to release national manifesto on April 5
- Nitish Katara murder case: Delhi HC upholds life sentence of Vikas Yadav, two others; calls it honour killing
- Snooping row: HC rejects Pradeep Sharma's plea to file FIR against Narendra Modi
- Sonia's assets worth over Rs.9 crore, has given a loan of Rs. 9 lakh to Rahul
To cater to the growing number of passengers between Delhi and Chandigarh, the Railways has decided to start an AC double decker train between the two cities. The
12-coach AC double decker train with fire alarm system is expected to be pressed into service by February next year, a senior Railway Ministry official said. The Railways is also mulling to introduce electrical multiple units (EMU) train sets on Delhi-Chandigarh and Delhi-Amritsar, the official said.
32 more dengue cases reported in city
New Delhi: Thirty-two cases of dengue were reported in the city on Sunday, taking the number of those affected by the mosquito-borne disease to 1,936 this season. Three more cases were reported from outside Delhi.
Man arrested with cocaine worth Rs 7 cr
New Delhi: A Nigerian national has been arrested for allegedly smuggling 1.36 kg cocaine, worth about Rs 7 crore, in body lotion bottles at the IGI Airport. Customs officials intercepted Magret Afolake Adetola on Saturday and carried out a search of her baggage. She had arrived here from Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The 38-year-old woman was found to be carrying 13 plastic bottles of beauty lotions. "Thirteen plastic polythene packets containing white powdery substance were found concealed within," a Customs official said.
Two arrested for murdering colleague
New Delhi: Two youths were arrested for allegedly murdering their colleague. Hevbi Lal (24) and Devender (20) were arrested on Saturday for the murder of Rajpal who was working at a screen printing unit. Rajpal was found murdered near Asaf Ali Road in Shastri Park of Central Delhi on Friday morning, police said.
- ‘Fake’ MBA admission: Iranian girl untraceable as cops busy with polls
- To avoid election duty, teachers flock to doctors to get medical certificates
- Arun Bhatia hopes to get third time lucky
- Congress complains against Narendra Modi for poll code violation
- Flying squads deployed to check flow of liquor and gifts yet to spot offenders
- Flaunt the indelible ink on your finger, and get freebies