AC Milan set to sign Balotelli from Man City
- Not RSSâ job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits for BJP: Mohan Bhagwat
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
AC Milan announced on Tuesday that it has reached an agreement with Manchester City to sign Italy striker Mario Balotelli from the English champions.
City declined to comment on reports that a deal had been struck for the 22-year-old forward, who joined the Premier League club from Milan's city rival Inter in 2010.
However, speaking after the team's 0-0 draw at Queens Park Rangers late Tuesday, City coach Robert Mancini sounded resigned to losing the player.
"An agreement has been reached with Manchester City, Balotelli will have a medical tomorrow and then sign,'' Milan director Umberto Gandini told The Associated Press. "If he doesn't pass the medical, it won't happen.''
Italian media reported that Balotelli would sign a 4-year deal with Milan through 2017, bringing an end to a turbulent 2 years in English football.
Asked about the day's events, Mancini said: "It was difficult because I lost one striker, one important striker ... it's difficult to find a solution for us now.
"It will be a good chance for him to stay with his family, to play for Milan,'' Mancini said of Balotelli. "I think he can improve and I'm happy he will become one of the best players in the world ... you can be upset with him sometimes, but afterwards he's a lovely lad.''
Italy coach Cesare Prandelli also believes Balotelli would be making the right move.
"Now a lot depends on him. He has everything he needs to show his true worth,'' Prandelli told Italian news agency ANSA.
"It's what Mario was looking for. He's gone to a club which knows how to work with young players, including all the aspects off the pitch. Now it's up to him.''
Reports said that Milan will pay (euro) 20 million ($27 million) plus bonuses for Balotelli, who will be taking a pay cut to move to the club he has supported since childhood.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress