Accept demands of CSD canteen staff: Jain to Centre
- Mamata Banerjee govt saving those involved in Saradha scam: Rahul Gandhi
- Senior Pakistan journalist Hamid Mir shot at in Karachi
- One dead in Odisha post-poll violence
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs KKR: DD beat KKR by four wickets
National incharge of the Legal and Legislative Business Cell of the BJP Satya Pal Jain on Saturday urged the Central government to accept the demands of the All India Defence Civilian Canteen Employees Union and implement the recommendation of the Public Accounts Committee of Parliament in this regard.
Jain visited the site where the employees were sitting in protest. Asserting that demands of the CSD canteen employees, like hike in salaries and other facilities, were quite genuine, he said the Public Accounts Committee of Parliament under the chairmanship of Dr Murli Manohar Joshi had already submitted its report to Parliament, urging the Central government to accept these demands. However, the Central government was not accepting these.