'Accidents are down'
- India's Nuclear Suppliers Group membership is not about arms: US tells Pakistan
- Now in Meghalaya, Congress braces for Uttarakhand, Arunachal replay
- Scary...need to know someone in govt to do business in India: US Governor Nikki Haley
- New policy proposal: Can fail kids after Class V, let foreign universities in
- PM Modi extends best wishes to Nawaz Sharif for his heart surgery
What steps are being taken to make the Noida-Greater Noida Expressway safer?
We will be inviting tenders for intelligent-transport system on September 15. The system will make the expressway safer.
Is the CRRI carrying out a technical audit of the road?
We are taking into account several suggestions made by the CRRI (Central Road Research Institute). They have asked us to remove the barbed wire on the central verge. They have submitted a design for entry and exit points. They have asked us to remove the greenery covering signages.
What is the current ownership of the Noida-Greater Noida Expressway?
The Noida-Greater Noida Expressway was to be handed over to the Jaypee group once the Yamuna Expressway was opened. But at the Noida Authority's insistence, this was changed. We explained to them that the expressway was vital for the people of both Noida and Greater Noida. Now we will be signing a supplementary contract with the Jaypee group.
What are your views on the spate of accidents on the two expressways?
- Successful inflation targeting calls for more reform. Targeting Rajan is all too easy.
- Three years of Modi govt could be Indian economy's best since '96
- Pakistan will be the test-tube for the next jihad
- Modi government’s biggest achievement is the curbing of corruption
- It’s Akbar’s turn now and the victim, as always, is history
- Muslims and RSS cannot afford to go on hating