'Accidents are down'
- Modi's appeal to the rich: 'Give up subsidised LPG'
- Distrust deepens, AAP countdown begins for easing out Yadav and Prashant Bhushan
- MS Dhoni: Smudged, but colour remains
- Maharashtra: First arrests made under new law banning beef trade
- Ribeiro an icon, I felt sad reading his piece, told the PM: Nitin Gadkari
What steps are being taken to make the Noida-Greater Noida Expressway safer?
We will be inviting tenders for intelligent-transport system on September 15. The system will make the expressway safer.
Is the CRRI carrying out a technical audit of the road?
We are taking into account several suggestions made by the CRRI (Central Road Research Institute). They have asked us to remove the barbed wire on the central verge. They have submitted a design for entry and exit points. They have asked us to remove the greenery covering signages.
What is the current ownership of the Noida-Greater Noida Expressway?
The Noida-Greater Noida Expressway was to be handed over to the Jaypee group once the Yamuna Expressway was opened. But at the Noida Authority's insistence, this was changed. We explained to them that the expressway was vital for the people of both Noida and Greater Noida. Now we will be signing a supplementary contract with the Jaypee group.
What are your views on the spate of accidents on the two expressways?
On the Noida-Greater Noida Expressway, accidents have come down. The problem is with the Yamuna Expressway. Rash driving is a problem there, as is inadequate policing.