Accolades for Pune division of Central Railway
- Sports court tears Narsingh Yadav defence, NADA’s credibility
- Ramya on sedition case: Will not apologise for my Pakistan remark, said nothing wrong
- I can't fight against the government or AFI, but I know the truth: OP Jaisha
- From Rajasthan to Bihar: Tracking floods in north India
- Kashmir unrest: Curfew lifted from parts of Srinagar
Pune division, the youngest division of the Central Railway, has bagged seven shields for outstanding performances at various capacities. B B Modgil, general manager, Central Railway, gave away these shields on the 54 th GM award function at CSTM, Mumbai, recently.
The shields awarded to the division are :
* Diesel Traction Trophy for overall performance.
* Mechanical Diesel Loco Efficiency Shield to Pune Diesel Shed.
* First best maintained train to Pune-Mumbai 2127/2128 Intercity Express.
* Punctuality Shield was given jointly to Pune and Mumbai divisions.
* Commercial Shield was given jointly to Pune division and Bhusawal divisions.
* Land Management/Tree Plantation efficiency Shield was jointly awarded to Pune and Mumbai Division.
* New shield for second best cleanliness was awarded to Sangli Station of Pune Division. Two officers and 15 railway employees were also given GM award. These awards are given on the performance of various departments of the division, overall performance of the division as well as individual performance of the officers and the staff. Prabhat Sahai the new DRM, Pune division, congratulated all the railway officers and staff for their outstanding performance as a team.
- Cow protection, paradoxically, poses a threat to the BJP’s project of Hindu unity
- The government needs to distinguish between crooked NGOs and genuine ones
- India’s quest for Olympic medals is hampered by history and geography
- The Modi government is meeting its development targets before time
- Raja Mandala: The Great Wall of China
- Farm incomes may not revive despite good monsoon