Accord driver speeding the wrong way kills 2
- Detention of separatists shows how fragile is India-Pak peace process
- Pakistan refuses to host CPU meet, says will not invite J&K speaker
- Rajasthan civic polls: BJP loses face in Raje's bastion of Jhalawar, Dholpur
- Brutally assaulted in jail, claims Dec 16 gangrape convict
- CAG indictment of discoms in Delhi: Best news for AAP government
The Accord then hit a stationary BMW car parked opposite The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf located at the mouth of Cross Road 35. Occupants of the BMW had entered the cafe minutes ago and escaped injury. Barmare then hit biker Mahesh Ajwani (45), who was entering Cross Road 35 after dropping his son off at a nearby school, before coming to a stop. The diamond merchant living in Bandra was thrown off and suffered serious injuries as his head hit the road. He was declared dead upon admission at Bhabha Hospital, police said.
"Barmare was speeding on a one-way and lost control. We have charged him under IPC sections 279 (rash driving) and 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder). Eyewitnesses told us Barmare hit two other people near China Gate restaurant and was trying to escape," said Mangesh Pote, senior inspector, Khar police station.