Accord driver speeding the wrong way kills 2
- Winter session Day 1: Govt talks about misuse of word 'secularism', Sonia raises 'intolerance' debate
- Sheena murder: CBI seeks Interpol help, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till Nov 30
- PPCC chief Bajwa and Jakhar made to resign as rejig in Punjab Congress imminent
- Constitution Day: The many reasons why the BJP decided to celebrate it
- India-Pakistan series to be played from December 15 in Sri Lanka: Rajiv Shukla
The Accord then hit a stationary BMW car parked opposite The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf located at the mouth of Cross Road 35. Occupants of the BMW had entered the cafe minutes ago and escaped injury. Barmare then hit biker Mahesh Ajwani (45), who was entering Cross Road 35 after dropping his son off at a nearby school, before coming to a stop. The diamond merchant living in Bandra was thrown off and suffered serious injuries as his head hit the road. He was declared dead upon admission at Bhabha Hospital, police said.
"Barmare was speeding on a one-way and lost control. We have charged him under IPC sections 279 (rash driving) and 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder). Eyewitnesses told us Barmare hit two other people near China Gate restaurant and was trying to escape," said Mangesh Pote, senior inspector, Khar police station.