Accord driver speeding the wrong way kills 2
- AAP govt sacks Delhi Food Minister Asim Ahmed over corruption charges
- Two Indians detained in Dubai and Saudi Arabia for terror links
- Nitish Kumar ups the ante against BJP, says Bihar will progress on its own efforts
- Man beheads wife; walks on Pune road with her head
- Tell us one place where Ganga is clean: NGT asks Centre
The Accord then hit a stationary BMW car parked opposite The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf located at the mouth of Cross Road 35. Occupants of the BMW had entered the cafe minutes ago and escaped injury. Barmare then hit biker Mahesh Ajwani (45), who was entering Cross Road 35 after dropping his son off at a nearby school, before coming to a stop. The diamond merchant living in Bandra was thrown off and suffered serious injuries as his head hit the road. He was declared dead upon admission at Bhabha Hospital, police said.
"Barmare was speeding on a one-way and lost control. We have charged him under IPC sections 279 (rash driving) and 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder). Eyewitnesses told us Barmare hit two other people near China Gate restaurant and was trying to escape," said Mangesh Pote, senior inspector, Khar police station.