Accused of sexual assault by staffer, Tehelka founder steps down for 6 months
- Bihar: School director dies after mob assault over death of two students
- PM spoke about Rakhi, but neglected Muslims during 'Ramzan': Congress
- Watch video: CCTV captures Mumbai local ramming into station
- Another Vyapam scam accused dies; 24th death in the case
- Sushma's Ministry declines info under RTI on Lalit Modi's passport issue
Chaudhury, however, did not confirm or deny if this was a case of alleged sexual harassment and refused to specify what the "incident" was, claiming it was "an internal matter".
"I don't know how this concerns you...I don't think you can ask me these questions," Chaudhury said.
Sources told The Indian Express that the woman journalist had written a very detailed mail to Chaudhury reconstructing the alleged incidents.
She is also believed to have written to Chaudhury that she had told three of her colleagues at the event in Goa that she had been molested by Tejpal.
In the mail, sources said, she alleged that Tejpal had on one occasion pulled her into a lift at a five-star hotel and pressed buttons to ensure the elevator stayed in circuit and did not stop or open doors while he assaulted her.
When she resisted and the lift came to a halt and she walked out, Tejpal, the woman is said to have alleged, told her that this was the easiest way for her to keep her job.
Tejpal allegedly tried to assault her again the next day, again by pulling her into a lift at the same hotel, the woman is said to have alleged.
The journalist is also believed to have quoted a subsequent series of SMSes exchanged between her and Tejpal about the incidents, the sources said.