Acid attack alleged on cow, case filed
- Yakub Memon's mercy plea rejected, Sena calls it a message to terrorists
- Ready to discuss Sushma in Parliament, but not Raje, Chouhan: Arun Jaitley
- RS deadlock: Govt ready for debate, Oppn says get your ministers to resign first
- SC rejects Centre's review against scrapping quota for Jats
- Curfew in Jamshedpur after clashes over alleged eve teasing, at least 100 arrested
Residents of Ashok Nagar on Friday filed an FIR alleging an acid attack on a cow which suffered disfigurement in the incident.
Vipin Kumar, from Pakshi Sewa Samiti, said, "We were shocked to see the condition of the animal. The cow has now been sent to Govind Gaudham where treatment has been started. So far, doctors have stated that her condition is critical."
"Normally, the owners leave the cows on road when their milk production reduces to bare minimum. It seems that the owner must have left the cow, and a few other mischievous persons must have thrown acid just for fun sake," he added. The police registered a case.