Action replay: Naseeruddin Shah refuses a double to shoot an action scene
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
Debutant director Abhishor Solomon was all set to arrange a double to shoot a chase-and-fight sequence on Naseeruddin Shah, but the veteran actor politely turned down the suggesting of using a double for his action scenes. "Naseer saab plays a former sportsperson in the film so it was apt that he run very fast. Accordingly the sequence was conceived. But, I was not sure if he would be able to pull it off as he is 63 now. Besides, he had not really done any action scenes for a long time, almost 14 years. However, he surprised everyone on the sets. He ran like a teenager for the chase sequence, which we shot over three nights. We also shot an action scene over two nights, and shot both without any kind of prep," said Solomon, who has earlier worked with Pooja Bhatt as an assistant director.
John Day is a revenge drama, and has a lot of action scenes between Shah and Randeep Hooda. Produced by Anjum Rizvi (who earlier produced A Wednesday) along with K. Asif, the film's cast also includes Shernaz Patel, Sharat Saxena and Vipin Sharma. It is slated to release in April next year.