Action replay: Naseeruddin Shah refuses a double to shoot an action scene
- Will reach out to 'muslim' brothers, address Ram Temple issue: Modi
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- CJI bars advocate's entry in SC for 6 months for sexual harrassment
- April 22 Campaign roundup: Modi hurls a 'khooni panja' at Cong, says its responsible for 1100 lives in Telangana
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs SRH: KXIP beat SRH by 72 runs
Debutant director Abhishor Solomon was all set to arrange a double to shoot a chase-and-fight sequence on Naseeruddin Shah, but the veteran actor politely turned down the suggesting of using a double for his action scenes. "Naseer saab plays a former sportsperson in the film so it was apt that he run very fast. Accordingly the sequence was conceived. But, I was not sure if he would be able to pull it off as he is 63 now. Besides, he had not really done any action scenes for a long time, almost 14 years. However, he surprised everyone on the sets. He ran like a teenager for the chase sequence, which we shot over three nights. We also shot an action scene over two nights, and shot both without any kind of prep," said Solomon, who has earlier worked with Pooja Bhatt as an assistant director.
John Day is a revenge drama, and has a lot of action scenes between Shah and Randeep Hooda. Produced by Anjum Rizvi (who earlier produced A Wednesday) along with K. Asif, the film's cast also includes Shernaz Patel, Sharat Saxena and Vipin Sharma. It is slated to release in April next year.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready