Actor Akshay Kumar receives death threats
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar has received death threats over the phone from a man, who claims to be fugitive gangster Ravi Pujari, police said today.
"The caller recently threatened Akshay and talked about a
domestic help, who was sacked by the actor a few days ago,"
said a crime branch officer.
Police suspect that it was just a prank call. "Prima facie it appears that it was a prank call," the officer said adding that the investigation was on.
Introducing himself as gangster Ravi Pujari, the caller threatened the actor, saying he made a mistake by removing
his domestic help, the officer added.
The 46-year-old actor sacked his domestic help for some undisclosed reasons.
Despite repeated calls, Akshay's manager was unavailable for comments.
Recently, producer Boney Kapoor, producer-director Karan Johar, director Ram Gopal Varma and singer-composer Sonu
Nigam had received threatening calls from underworld, police
Meanwhile, Mumbai Police Chief Satyapal Singh plans to convey a meeting with Bollywood fraternity to instill confidence among them, in the backdrop of the alleged underworld calls.
"If the meeting takes place, then we would like to inform the Bollywood personalities that police are with them and they should not be worried of such calls," the officer said.