Actor, director go in for simple marriage, donate Rs 10 lakh
- Hummer horror case: Kerala court awards life sentence for convict Muhammad Nisham
- Pathankot attack part of our activity, nothing to do with Indo-Pak dialogue: Hizb-ul Mujahideen chief
- Rohit Vemula suicide: Dalit staff lay low in fear of being dubbed anti-national
- Pathankot: Intruder shot dead by BSF along Indo-Pak border
- Rohith Vemula got call from cops, notice from hostel
Shedding an extravagant marriage, Malayalam actor Rima Kallingal tied the knot with young film director Aashiq Abu at a registrar office in Kochi on Friday. Only family members and close friends attended the simple function.
However, the marriage grabbed attention after they decided to donate Rs 10 lakh to cancer patients at the government general hospital in Kochi. On the eve of their marriage, Kallingal and Abu went to the hospital and handed over a cheque of Rs 10 lakh to the authorities. "We hope our small gesture would inspire others. We are giving this amount from our income from the film career," said Kallingal.
- We need to stop denying India’s not-so-hidden apartheid
- Pranab and Sushma visits reflect today’s tighter India-Israel bond
- Iran nuclear deal demonstrate the necessity and benefits of multilateralism
- Diary item: Bengal’s Burdwan break
- What if law not dictate but allows old customs and traditions to do their work?
- Strictly regulated and independently audited jallikattu is the way to go