Actor falls in ditch dug for laying pipes, dies
- Mamata Banerjee govt saving those involved in Saradha scam: Rahul Gandhi
- Senior Pakistan journalist Hamid Mir shot at in Karachi
- One dead in Odisha post-poll violence
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs KKR: DD beat KKR by four wickets
A television actor going home on a motorcycle died after he fell into a ditch dug by Bangalore Water Supply and Sewerage Board to lay sewage pipes on Bahadur Hayavadana Rao Road at Gavipuram Extension in Basavanagudi Sunday early morning.
B N Ashok Kumar, 55, of Ittamadu hailed from Hassan. He had acted in Mahaparva, Pallavi Anupallavi and several other Kannada television serials.
The Basavanagudi traffic police said Kumar was returning from Hosadurga in Chitradurga after acting in a play. He had parked his bike at a friend's house in Chamarajpet and they had gone to Hosadurga in a car on Saturday morning. They returned in the early hours of Sunday, after which Kumar took his bike and headed home.
He failed to see a barricade placed in front of the ditch and fell in with the motorcycle. Passersby noticed the body in the morning and informed the police.