Actor falls in ditch dug for laying pipes, dies
- Malaysia Airlines plane may have turned back before vanishing, says Air force chief
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress
- Varanasi seat row: RSS worried but believes BJP will solve it
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Venkaiah Naidu
A television actor going home on a motorcycle died after he fell into a ditch dug by Bangalore Water Supply and Sewerage Board to lay sewage pipes on Bahadur Hayavadana Rao Road at Gavipuram Extension in Basavanagudi Sunday early morning.
B N Ashok Kumar, 55, of Ittamadu hailed from Hassan. He had acted in Mahaparva, Pallavi Anupallavi and several other Kannada television serials.
The Basavanagudi traffic police said Kumar was returning from Hosadurga in Chitradurga after acting in a play. He had parked his bike at a friend's house in Chamarajpet and they had gone to Hosadurga in a car on Saturday morning. They returned in the early hours of Sunday, after which Kumar took his bike and headed home.
He failed to see a barricade placed in front of the ditch and fell in with the motorcycle. Passersby noticed the body in the morning and informed the police.