Actor Feroz Khan dies
- Raghuram Rajan: Should focus on structural reforms, not get fixated with growth numbers
- Looking for God’s own country: Kerala's missing and signs of radicalisation
- Arunchal Pradesh: Pema Khandu sworn in as CM, Chowna Mein as deputy
- 'Talk to AK': Arvind Kejriwal holds interactive session with citizens
- Made us beggars, stop adventurism by governors: CMs at Inter-State Council meeting
Bollywood actor Feroz Khan, who made a place in the hearts of film lovers with his romantic portrayals in blockbusters like 'Qurbani' and 'Janbaaz,' died after battling cancer for a year.
The 69-year-old actor-filmmaker died at 1:30 am at his farmhouse here. He was diagnosed with cancer a year ago and was being treated at a Mumbai hospital.
His son and actor Fardeen Khan besides some other family members were at his bedside when the end came.
The actor's mortal remains would be buried at his farm house later in the day as per his last wishes Born and brought up in Bangalore, the Bollywood actor first made his mark in 1965 when his film 'Oonche Log' clicked with the audience. He then went on to woo the audience with the mushy musical 'Arzoo' where he played a sacrificing lover.
But the biggest hit of his career was 'Qurbani' opposite Zeenat Aman.
In 1986, he directed and starred in 'Janbaaz' which was a box office hit. After he directed and starred in 'Yalghaar' in 1992, the charismatic actor took a long break from acting and took to producing and directing films.
He launched his son Fardeen Khan with the 1998 film 'Prem Aggan,' which bombed at the box office.
- Kashmir is more than land, it is people
- Does Kashmir need a military response or a political one?
- Javadekar’s job profile in his new ministry helped bring about the elevation
- The Conservative Party has upheld the existing order and resisted ideas of rapid change
- Modi administration has everything going for it except the belief that it is capable of taking the moral high ground
- Childcare is a women’s issue. Could we hope to make it gender neutral?