Actor Feroz Khan dies
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Bollywood actor Feroz Khan, who made a place in the hearts of film lovers with his romantic portrayals in blockbusters like 'Qurbani' and 'Janbaaz,' died after battling cancer for a year.
The 69-year-old actor-filmmaker died at 1:30 am at his farmhouse here. He was diagnosed with cancer a year ago and was being treated at a Mumbai hospital.
His son and actor Fardeen Khan besides some other family members were at his bedside when the end came.
The actor's mortal remains would be buried at his farm house later in the day as per his last wishes Born and brought up in Bangalore, the Bollywood actor first made his mark in 1965 when his film 'Oonche Log' clicked with the audience. He then went on to woo the audience with the mushy musical 'Arzoo' where he played a sacrificing lover.
But the biggest hit of his career was 'Qurbani' opposite Zeenat Aman.
In 1986, he directed and starred in 'Janbaaz' which was a box office hit. After he directed and starred in 'Yalghaar' in 1992, the charismatic actor took a long break from acting and took to producing and directing films.
He launched his son Fardeen Khan with the 1998 film 'Prem Aggan,' which bombed at the box office.
He was last seen on the screen in the 2007 hit 'Welcome'.