Actor jailed for assault, torture of maidís child
- Nitish Kumar's JD(U) recognised as principal opposition party in Bihar, BJP protests
- SC extends Setalvad's interim bail and asks her lawyer Kapil Sibal not to 'act smart'
- Aero India Show: Stunt planes collide in mid-air, pilots safe
- Swine flu deaths soar to 663, number of cases cross 10,000
- Maratha Mandir brings down curtains on Shah Rukh Khan's DDLJ
Bollywood actor Huma Khan, 42, has been sentenced to three years in prison for assaulting and torturing a minor girl at her house in Pune.
Khan was found guilty of abducting and torturing the 12-year-old daughter of her maid Reshma, a Nepali national, in 2007. She was arrested in 2008 along with one Shamiuddin Shaikh, who was accused of raping the girl. Sahaikh was, however, acquitted for want of evidence.
In mid-2007, Khan moved house to Undari in Pune, where Shaikh was also based, and took along the girl without informing Reshma.
There, the girl was assaulted and made to do all household chores, for which Khan would send Rs 1,500 to her mother every month.
The actress has done minor roles in some 20 movies.