Actor jailed for assault, torture of maidís child
- Dadri reminds us how PM Modi bears responsibility for the poison that is being spread
- Kill policemen, never commit suicide: Hardik tells Patel youth
- From Arvind Kejriwal to Rahul Gandhi: Who said what on Dadri lynching
- Forensic lab rules out drug overdose in Indrani Mukerjea case
- Bihar polls: After Nitish Kumar's remark, BJP promises free petrol for scooties
Bollywood actor Huma Khan, 42, has been sentenced to three years in prison for assaulting and torturing a minor girl at her house in Pune.
Khan was found guilty of abducting and torturing the 12-year-old daughter of her maid Reshma, a Nepali national, in 2007. She was arrested in 2008 along with one Shamiuddin Shaikh, who was accused of raping the girl. Sahaikh was, however, acquitted for want of evidence.
In mid-2007, Khan moved house to Undari in Pune, where Shaikh was also based, and took along the girl without informing Reshma.
There, the girl was assaulted and made to do all household chores, for which Khan would send Rs 1,500 to her mother every month.