Actor Kalabhavan Mani in trouble for altercation with forest officials
A case has been registered against well known cine actor Kalabhavan Mani for allegedly intimidating forest officials during a vehicle search at Kannamkuzhi near Athirapply in the district today.
The FIR, lodged on the basis of a complaint by two forest officials, charged the actor under IPC sections 506 (criminal intimidation), 322 (voluntarily causing hurt to deter public servants from duty) and 249b (uttering obscene words), police said.
According to the complaint, Mani objected to his car being searched by the officials when they stopped his vehicle while it was passing through Kannamkuzhi.
Mani and his friends allegedly pushed aside the officials, a beat forest officer and a deputy range officer, and drove away from the spot. After some time, they returned to the forest office and allegedly roughed up and abused the officials.
Mani, his two friends and the wife of one of them were in the car at the time of the incident.
The woman, who was travelling with them, had lodged a counter complaint with the police alleging they had been intimidated by the forest officials.
- Why my newspaper responded to Assam Rifles notice
- India is indebted to Shanti Bhushan for undoing Indira Gandhi’s 42nd Amendment
- Now that Bihar’s women have voted, what about their economic rights?
- Sedition and political speech
- Indian channels have a lot to learn from the international coverage of 13/11
- Europe’s challenge: Find a political solution to the quagmire in West Asia