Actor Kalabhavan Mani in trouble for altercation with forest officials
- Coal scam: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh summoned as accused in Hindalco case
- Supreme Court hands out life term to six convicts in Manjunath murder case
- AAP Delhi MLAs write letter seeking expulsion of Yadav, Bhushan: Reports
- Land to Mines to coal, Oppn stands stall in RS
- BJP line to restive RSS: our ministers may quit if PDP doesn’t behave
A case has been registered against well known cine actor Kalabhavan Mani for allegedly intimidating forest officials during a vehicle search at Kannamkuzhi near Athirapply in the district today.
The FIR, lodged on the basis of a complaint by two forest officials, charged the actor under IPC sections 506 (criminal intimidation), 322 (voluntarily causing hurt to deter public servants from duty) and 249b (uttering obscene words), police said.
According to the complaint, Mani objected to his car being searched by the officials when they stopped his vehicle while it was passing through Kannamkuzhi.
Mani and his friends allegedly pushed aside the officials, a beat forest officer and a deputy range officer, and drove away from the spot. After some time, they returned to the forest office and allegedly roughed up and abused the officials.
Mani, his two friends and the wife of one of them were in the car at the time of the incident.
The woman, who was travelling with them, had lodged a counter complaint with the police alleging they had been intimidated by the forest officials.
Later, Mani got admitted to a hospital in his home town Chalakkudi complaining of uneasiness.