Actor Kalabhavan Mani in trouble for altercation with forest officials
- Kashmir crisis: Rajnath Singh dials Sonia Gandhi, Omar Abdullah; appeals for peace
- Toll rises to 25 as Kashmir continues to simmer amid curfew
- Eder wonder goal helps Portugal beat France, win Euro 2016
- Sensex rallies 464 pts, Nifty above 8,400 on Asian leads
- Odisha anti-Maoist ops: ‘When I returned, my wife was lying dead in the drain’
A case has been registered against well known cine actor Kalabhavan Mani for allegedly intimidating forest officials during a vehicle search at Kannamkuzhi near Athirapply in the district today.
The FIR, lodged on the basis of a complaint by two forest officials, charged the actor under IPC sections 506 (criminal intimidation), 322 (voluntarily causing hurt to deter public servants from duty) and 249b (uttering obscene words), police said.
According to the complaint, Mani objected to his car being searched by the officials when they stopped his vehicle while it was passing through Kannamkuzhi.
Mani and his friends allegedly pushed aside the officials, a beat forest officer and a deputy range officer, and drove away from the spot. After some time, they returned to the forest office and allegedly roughed up and abused the officials.
Mani, his two friends and the wife of one of them were in the car at the time of the incident.
The woman, who was travelling with them, had lodged a counter complaint with the police alleging they had been intimidated by the forest officials.
- Hostilities between Pakistan and Afghanistan are rising
- Supreme Court must play referee in Centre-Delhi government tussle
- Police departments are home to deep-seated gender bias and stereotyping
- Prakash Javadekar must ensure ideology does not take precedence over reform
- Brexit militates against the spirit of human oneness
- Economic reforms: In the next 25 years we have a good chance of wiping out poverty completely