Pran critical in hospital, worst suspected
- India goes to poll in 9 phases between April 7 and May 12; counting on May 16
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
- You told us go to hell, says Supreme Court, sends Subrata Roy to jail
- For âcheeringâ Pakistan in India match, university in Meerut suspends 67 Kashmiri students
- Attacker, victim: 2 faces of Gujarat riots come together for âHindu-Muslimâ unity
Veteran Bollywood actor Pran, who was hospitalised a week ago with respiratory problem, is recuperating, sources said.
"He is still in hospital. He is doing fine," Lilavati hospital spokesperson Dr Sudhir Dagaokar said.
The legendary actor was admitted to Lilavati hospital on November 16. He had come for a check-up which turned out to be a respiratory problem.
There have been rumours about his deteriorating health since yesterday.
The 92-year-old actor is one of the most popular villains of Bollywood and has acted in around 350 films.
His famous films include 'Khandaan', 'Aurat', 'Bari Behen', 'Jis Desh Men Ganga Behti Hai', 'Half Ticket', 'Upkar', 'Purab Aur Paschim', 'Don' and 'Zanjeer'.
In 2001, he was honoured with the Padma Bhushan by the government of India for his contribution to Indian cinema.