Actor-producer Sujit Kumar dead
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
Actor-producer Sujit Kumar, 75, passed away here on Friday morning.
He is survived by his children Jatin and Henna. A condolence meeting will be held at Indian Medical Association, Juhu, on February 8.
Sujit Kumar acted in over 150 Hindi films and was a sensation in the Bhojpuri film industry in the 70s. Some of his popular films include Aradhana, Kaamchor, Krantiveer, and Tiranga. While the 70s and the 80s saw him act in a number of films, in the later stage he concentrated more on producing films. Some of his recent films were Daraar, starring Juhi Chawla and Rishi Kapoor in 1996 and Champion, featuring Sunny Deol and Manisha Koirala, in 2000.