Actor-producer Sujit Kumar dead
- Farmer’s suicide: Family lashes out at AAP, raises doubt on suicide note
- Human resource India's biggest strength: PM Modi
- Sena-BJP sweep Aurangabad civic polls, AIMIM ahead of Cong, NCP
- Call records may nail red sandalwood killings; NHRC seeks records of personnel involved
- Amit Shah rips Rahul Gandhi for 'post-leave' noises
Actor-producer Sujit Kumar, 75, passed away here on Friday morning.
He is survived by his children Jatin and Henna. A condolence meeting will be held at Indian Medical Association, Juhu, on February 8.
Sujit Kumar acted in over 150 Hindi films and was a sensation in the Bhojpuri film industry in the 70s. Some of his popular films include Aradhana, Kaamchor, Krantiveer, and Tiranga. While the 70s and the 80s saw him act in a number of films, in the later stage he concentrated more on producing films. Some of his recent films were Daraar, starring Juhi Chawla and Rishi Kapoor in 1996 and Champion, featuring Sunny Deol and Manisha Koirala, in 2000.