Actor-producer Sujit Kumar dead
- 9 killed, over 40 injured as Bengaluru-Ernakulam Express train derails near Hosur
- SC says allegations grave, but grants relief to Teesta Setalvad in cheating case
- All you need to know about AAP's WiFi Delhi promise
- 19 killed as militants storm Shia mosque in Pakistan
- Modi’s cricket diplomacy: Renewing political contact with Pakistan
Actor-producer Sujit Kumar, 75, passed away here on Friday morning.
He is survived by his children Jatin and Henna. A condolence meeting will be held at Indian Medical Association, Juhu, on February 8.
Sujit Kumar acted in over 150 Hindi films and was a sensation in the Bhojpuri film industry in the 70s. Some of his popular films include Aradhana, Kaamchor, Krantiveer, and Tiranga. While the 70s and the 80s saw him act in a number of films, in the later stage he concentrated more on producing films. Some of his recent films were Daraar, starring Juhi Chawla and Rishi Kapoor in 1996 and Champion, featuring Sunny Deol and Manisha Koirala, in 2000.