Actors Anushka Sharma, Ranvir in airport row
- Maharashtra: Building collapses in Thane district, several feared trapped
- Nation pays tribute to Abdul Kalam, funeral in Rameswaram on July 30
- SC bench differs on Yakub's execution, refers plea to larger bench
- 'Your indebted student': Kalam's advisor pays tribute to former President on Facebook
- Gurdaspur attack: GPS shows terror team, got drug cartel help too
There was high drama at the Indira Gandhi International Airport on Tuesday when actor Anushka Sharma (22), of Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi fame, and Ranvir Singh (25), her co-star in the upcoming movie Band Baja Baraat, entered into a verbal duel with another passenger. The two suspected that 29-year-old Uday Khanolkar was taking their pictures as he sat a row behind them in the Mumbai-Delhi Kingfisher flight, airport sources said.
On reaching the Terminal 1C domestic arrival, Singh and Khanolkar entered into a heated argument with the former insisting on checking Khanolkar's phone to get the pictures deleted. Khanolkar, CISF sources said, refused to show his phone to anyone, and demanded that if need be he would only show it to a senior officer of the rank of DCP. "Khanolkar initially introduced himself as an IAS officer, but later told police officials he is a friend of some IAS officers," an official said.
The flight, IT 331, landed at the Delhi Airport at 8.30 am, and the duo were sent to the Palam police station, while Sharma waited at the arrival lounge. "We checked the phone and there was no picture of the two people in it. It was an unnecessary argument between two. No complaint was made because it was such a non-issue," a police official said.