Actors Anushka Sharma, Ranvir in airport row
- Army used 'chilly grenades' to catch Pakistani militant Sajjad Ahmed
- IPL Governing Council proposes two new teams to replace CSK, RR
- Central govt announces 98 Smart Cities, Naidu terms them 'safe investments for pvt firms'
- Sheena Bora murder: Police meet Mikhail Bora; five-day transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna
- ISRO launches rocket carrying GSAT-6 from Sriharikota
There was high drama at the Indira Gandhi International Airport on Tuesday when actor Anushka Sharma (22), of Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi fame, and Ranvir Singh (25), her co-star in the upcoming movie Band Baja Baraat, entered into a verbal duel with another passenger. The two suspected that 29-year-old Uday Khanolkar was taking their pictures as he sat a row behind them in the Mumbai-Delhi Kingfisher flight, airport sources said.
On reaching the Terminal 1C domestic arrival, Singh and Khanolkar entered into a heated argument with the former insisting on checking Khanolkar's phone to get the pictures deleted. Khanolkar, CISF sources said, refused to show his phone to anyone, and demanded that if need be he would only show it to a senior officer of the rank of DCP. "Khanolkar initially introduced himself as an IAS officer, but later told police officials he is a friend of some IAS officers," an official said.
The flight, IT 331, landed at the Delhi Airport at 8.30 am, and the duo were sent to the Palam police station, while Sharma waited at the arrival lounge. "We checked the phone and there was no picture of the two people in it. It was an unnecessary argument between two. No complaint was made because it was such a non-issue," a police official said.