Actors like John Abraham inspire me to stay fit: Anil Kapoor
- Hummer horror case: Kerala court awards life sentence for convict Muhammad Nisham
- Pathankot attack part of our activity, nothing to do with Indo-Pak dialogue: Hizb-ul Mujahideen chief
- Rohit Vemula suicide: Dalit staff lay low in fear of being dubbed anti-national
- Pathankot: Intruder shot dead by BSF along Indo-Pak border
- Rohith Vemula got call from cops, notice from hostel
Bollywood actor Anil Kapoor is fit and fabulous even at the age of 53 and he says the young crop of actors, particularly his 'Shootout at Wadala' co-star John Abraham, is his inspiration.
The film, directed by Sanjay Gupta, is the prequel to 2007 film "Shootout at Lokhandwala" and is based on the book "Dongri to Dubai" written by Hussain Zaidi. It is the story of gangsters like Sabir Ibrahim, Manya Surve and Dawood Ibrahim.
"Young and fit actors like John Abraham help and inspire me to stay in good shape even at this age. His body, muscles and level of fitness is amazing.
"And if I keep working in such films and with such actors then by God's grace I will definitely be able to work till the age of 90," said Anil, who, alongwith producer Ekta Kapoor, were in the capital last evening for the unveiling of the first look of the film.
The actor plays a police officer in the film and he says he is very happy to return to the action genre after a very long time.
"I am doing an action packed thriller after a long time. I was very excited when I was offered the role of ACP Isaque Bagwan in the film.
"Action films are indeed dangerous but if you have action directors like Tinu Verma working on the film, everything gets comfortable. I have worked with him for the past 20-25 years and so I was not worried at all," Anil said.
- What if law not dictate but allows old customs and traditions to do their work?
- Strictly regulated and independently audited jallikattu is the way to go
- Half-baked explanation to remove coconut tree from Preservation of Trees Act
- Telescope: Why we don’t do comedy well
- Of deaths and births
- It is not incidental that Rohith Chakravarthi Vemula and his dissent were crushed