Actual location of Superman's home planet 'Krypton' determined
- EC bans Amit shah, Azam Khan from holding public rallies after hate speech
- Congress complains to EC on Narendra Modi's marital status issue, seeks action for 'hiding facts'
- Rahul Gandhi brings up Narendra Modi's marital status at Doda rally
- PMO attacks Sanjaya Baru on his book
- April 11 Campaign roundup: Why should I condemn it, asks Deve Gowda on Mulayam Singh's 'rape' remark
Now, Superman knows where exactly he came from.
A noted astrophysicist claimed to have determined actual location of Superman's fictional home planet -- Krypton.
Krypton is found 27.1 light-years from Earth, in the southern constellation Corvus, said Neil deGrasse Tyson, director of the American Museum of Natural History's Hayden Planetarium in New York City.
Krypton, which is cooler and smaller than our sun, orbits the red dwarf star LHS 2520, Tyson was quoted as saying by the SPACE.com.
The planetary details will be given in a soon to be published Superman book -- Star Light, Star Bright.
According to the Superman mythos, the superhero was born on Krytpon but was launched toward Earth as an infant by his father, Jor-El, just before the planet's destruction. After touching down in Kansas, Superman was raised as Clark Kent by a farmer and his wife.
"This is a major milestone in the Superman mythos that gives our super hero a place in the universe," said DC Comics, the publisher of the Superman series.
"Having Neil deGrasse Tyson in the book was one thing, but by applying real-world science to this story he has forever changed Superman's place in history. Now fans will be able to look up at the night's sky and say, 'That's where Superman was born'."
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit
- How can Modi honour women if he can’t mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
- Modi’s 3D avatar a hit in Jasdan