Ad hoc employee canít claim regular job, rules High Court
- Home Ministry calls for high-level meet to discuss threat posed by ISIS
- VIDEO: 20 killed in Manipur landslide after heavy rain, several families homeless in Mizoram
- Indian Army, Chinese PLA hold maiden meet at DBO in Ladakh
- SP leader Farooq Ghosi, who demanded RS seat for Yakub Memon's widow, suspended from party
- Navy choppers gave air cover during Kalam's funeral: Defence
The Gujarat High Court has recently ruled that an ad hoc appointee has no right to claim regular employment over a time.
The ruling came after a decade-long legal battle wherein an ad hoc appointee in the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC) had sought appointment on regular basis after repeated job extensions.
Acting on a special civil application, the HC vacated an earlier stay order on the termination of ad hoc service of Deepak Parshottam Bhatt, a museum attendant on a fixed term appointment. The court observed that he was not appointed on sanctioned post by following any selection process as per the rules.