Adani Gas reduces prices of CNG by Rs 10 & PNG by Rs 8
- Missing Naval officers on board INS Sindhuratna confirmed dead
- Admiral DK Joshi was disturbed, requested me to accept resignation: AK Antony
- Narendra Modi beats Rahul Gandhi in popularity, says US think tank
- Lok Sabha polls: For Paswan & son, Gujarat 2002 is history for 2014
- Rahul Gandhi slams Salman Khurshid over 'impotent' remark against Narendra Modi
Adani Gas Limited had reduced the prices of CNG by Rs 10 for vehicle users in Ahmedabad and Vadodara, while it has reduced the prices of PNG (domestic) by over Rs 8 for about 1.87 lakh customers in these cities. The new prices will be effective from Friday.
Adani Gas Limited has reduced the prices of gas at 48 CNG stations in Ahmedabad and nine in Vadodara to Rs 58.75 per kilogram from the earlier Rs 68.80, while the prices of PNG has been scaled down to Rs 28.80 per standard cubic meter (excluding VAT) from the earlier Rs 37, stated a release from the company.
"Adani Gas Limited commenced its operations in Ahmedabad and Vadodara in 2004 and since then in absence of any domestic gas it has used costlier R-LNG for distribution to its customers. R-LNG being imported, its price has moved as per international prices and has also been prone to exchange rate fluctuations because of which Ahmedabad & Vadodara have witnessed frequent revisions. With allocation of domestic gas though limited, it would help in stabilising prices and bring much needed comfort to customers. This reduction is also expected to increase penetration of CNG in these cities thereby helping to improve the air quality," the company stated in the release.
This reduction in prices comes after state-run Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation (GSPC) announced to reduced CNG prices by Rs 10 a kg and PNG by Rs 2-9.45 per SCM on December 19.
The move to reduce prices of gas comes after the Gujarat High Court directed Central government to supply gas to Gujarat at prices similiar to those exisiting in Delhi and Mumbai.
- Fancy numbers: RTO in PCMC earns Rs 8 crore
- Alarm in Ukraine as Putin orders surprise army drills on border
- Arrests made but two sensational murders still unsolved
- Infosys ex-CFO not to contest polls for AAP
- Monsoon, not Manmohan, led to agri growth: Yashwant
- Now, BJP workers to donate blood equal to Modi’s weight