Adani Gas reduces prices of CNG by Rs 10 & PNG by Rs 8
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs DD: DD draw first blood, McCullum departs early
Adani Gas Limited had reduced the prices of CNG by Rs 10 for vehicle users in Ahmedabad and Vadodara, while it has reduced the prices of PNG (domestic) by over Rs 8 for about 1.87 lakh customers in these cities. The new prices will be effective from Friday.
Adani Gas Limited has reduced the prices of gas at 48 CNG stations in Ahmedabad and nine in Vadodara to Rs 58.75 per kilogram from the earlier Rs 68.80, while the prices of PNG has been scaled down to Rs 28.80 per standard cubic meter (excluding VAT) from the earlier Rs 37, stated a release from the company.
"Adani Gas Limited commenced its operations in Ahmedabad and Vadodara in 2004 and since then in absence of any domestic gas it has used costlier R-LNG for distribution to its customers. R-LNG being imported, its price has moved as per international prices and has also been prone to exchange rate fluctuations because of which Ahmedabad & Vadodara have witnessed frequent revisions. With allocation of domestic gas though limited, it would help in stabilising prices and bring much needed comfort to customers. This reduction is also expected to increase penetration of CNG in these cities thereby helping to improve the air quality," the company stated in the release.
This reduction in prices comes after state-run Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation (GSPC) announced to reduced CNG prices by Rs 10 a kg and PNG by Rs 2-9.45 per SCM on December 19.
The move to reduce prices of gas comes after the Gujarat High Court directed Central government to supply gas to Gujarat at prices similiar to those exisiting in Delhi and Mumbai.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota