Adani Group to start Oz coal imports from 2015
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
Adani Group would start importing Australian coal from its Carmichael project by 2015, an official of the group said today.
"We expect to get the environmental clearance for the project by the middle of 2013 and start shipments from 2015," Harsh Mishra, Group President of international business of Adani Group, said.
He said the coal project has a reserve of 10 billion tonnes.
Initially, shipments in the first year would be 23 million tonnes, which would be ramped up to 60 million tonnes by 2022, he told reporters on the sidelines of a seminar on 'Australia and India-natural partners in mining and resources' here.
Mishra said the Australian coal would be partly used for its power plants in six different locations of India, while the rest would be used for trading purposes.
Adani would put up a vertically integrated project in Australia which would include a coal mine and railway connectivity.
Asked about the capital expenditure required for the project, he said that the bankable feasibility study was on, adding that the expected amount would be 10 billion Australian dollar.